Hallows Eve ~TBU~

Go down

Hallows Eve ~TBU~

Post  Rosethorn95 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:00 am

I bet you where thinking I'd never write a fanfiction for FrostClan, and you've probably forgotten about my promise for a horror story. But GH's talking about her side stories reminded me and spurred me into starting it. This is set quiet a while back. As in Phoenixtalon is still alive back.

~Introduction~

Mercury sat patiently on the border with FrostClan and the Alleys, her tail twitching expectantly, tonight was the night of a gathering and Thornpaw was not going, so –after much begging- he had agreed to show the silver she-cat the forest. Her heart fluttered when she spotted the brown tabby pushing out through the forest and crossing the stretch of grass. “Greetings friend, I did not expect you so early!” She meowed smiling.

“It was easier to get away from them than I thought. I swear Phoenixtalon doesn’t care where I go as long as I turn up for training.” He meowed and shrugged; in her mind Mercury had dubbed it Thorn’s Shrug, because it was so uniquely him. His head moved slightly to the right and his claws dug into the ground when he shrugged, she didn’t think he even knew of these little ticks but she found them amusing.

“He obviously trusts you very much.” She purred. She had never met the ginger tabby who trained her friend but the tiny hint of admiration- tiny being the word there- in his voice when he spoke about him made her think Phoenixtalon must be a very great cat.

“Obviously.” Thornpaw repeated and shrugged again, causing Mercury to suppress a giggle. “Come on then, we’ve only got until the clan gets back.” He meowed. Mercury nodded seriously, causing him to quirk an ear at her -the way a human would their eyebrow- and she cracked a smile that caused him to role his eyes. She padded up next to him and nudged his shoulder with her own. “Then lead the way forest hunter.” She meowed and could of sworn he rolled his eyes again. “Very well alley stalker” He added. It was this good natured jesting she couldn’t get from the other cats her age back home that had kept her coming back to meet him. She wondered idly if he felt the same but pushed it away when his voice cut through her thoughts. “Stop daydreaming, I don’t want you getting lost!” He meowed, his tone scolding. She realised she’d wandered off the path and smiled sheepishly.

This was going to be a long night. Thornpaw thought.

~Dappled Floors and Old Bones~

The rising moonlight threw strange shadows across the forest. Patches of light were dappled along the forest floor and to the cat used to concrete and brick the effect was eerie and unsettling and she found herself moving closer to her companion, who despite being uncomfortable with the closeness didn't push her away. Thornpaw knew the feeling of being in a strange place all too well and was willing to let Mercury get away with the kit-like behaviour, for now. He decided that the first place they he would take her was one of the clearings used for training, specifically the one used for advanced battle moves.

"How do you you put up with the muffled noise?" Mercury asked, she was getting bored of the silence and also wanted to block out the strange sounds the trees made in the wind.
"How do you put up with all those Monsters whizzing around?" Thornpaw countered, giving himself mental applause when her face screwed up in annoyance.
A moments pause and a disgruntled "Touché." later and he was smirking at her, which only caused her to stick her tail up and toss her head in indignation. He would of laughed, but he wouldn't give her the satisfaction.
"Just keep leading the way smarty tail." She grumbled, he picked up the pace. Bounding over a group of fallen logs and snaking under a misplaced gorse bush and they arrived in the clearing.

It was unlike the others spread throughout FrostClan's piece of the forest, bushes had had their bottom leaves and branches stripped off, rocks had been pushed and tumbled into various positions, making the perfect platforms for attacking and defending as well as places to practice swiping and other clawing based moves. The outside seemed to be arranged in an obstacle course, as FrostClan prided themselves on speed and agility.

Mercury bounded forward like an excited kit and leaped onto one of the boulders. "Oh this amazing. Simply wonderful. Magnífico!" She meowed looking around the arena. "I did not know FrostClan cats used such training methods."

"How do you know it's a training area?" Thornpaw questioned bounding up next to her.

"You say kits are not allowed outside the camp so it can not be for playing. And the claw marks on the trees, and even the boulders! It has been here for many generations." She concluded.

"Phoenixtalon told me it was set up by the first cats who settled this part of the forest." Thornpaw meowed. "Of course he could have been lying but then that's not his way."

"The cats who formed this clan must have taken training very seriously." Mercury observed. She bounded down from the rock and wandered the area, sniffing at the bushes and giving the wizened old wood a few claw marks of her own. The largest rock there had obviously not been put there by the cats, it was almost two fox-lengths high and covered in scuff marks. "What is this one used for?" She asked looking at it curiously. Thornpaw padded over to join her.
"I'll show you." He meowed before padding a few tail-lengths away and turning back to face the rock. He took a running start and ran straight at it, he jumped, hit the rock and then used it to change the direction of his jump, landing heavily on all fours and nearly falling over. "That... was.. the first.. time.. I've.... done that" He meowed between panting breaths. He regained his breath and licked a couple of stray furs back into place. "Phoenixtalon had only ever demonstrated it to us. Normally you'd land on an enemies back and hopefully unbalance them. He used Cherrywing as the target, knocked the white tom right off his paws." Thornpaw explained, a hint of amusement in his eyes as he noticed how she hung on his every word.

They stayed in the clearing for a few more minutes, he showed Mercury how to run the obstacle course and challenged her to a race, which she graciously declined. (He was sure it was because she knew he'd win.) They swapped a few swiping techniques and spoke about the differences between Forest-Cat and Alley-Cat claw attacks. (Forest-Cats aimed to throw their opponents off balance where as Alley-Cat's focused on scoring claws as deep as possible.) Then they were off again.

Mercury occasionally stopped to sniff at the new spring growth and comment about the differences between the gardens and the forest. Thornpaw was content to let her do this as long as she didn't wander too far off, he didn't fancy answering to The Resistance if she got hurt on his watch. Mercury lifted her head and narrowed her eyes at and odd smell. "Thornpaw what is this scent? I cannot identify it." She meowed.
"Old bones." He answered after a careful sniff.
"Old bones?" She questioned
"The melting snow and spring rains wash away the top soil layers and uncover long dead prey." He meowed, twitching his whiskers when he noticed he was quoting his Mentor.
"Oh, I've never heard of anything like that." She meowed absently and then continued her exploration.

Yes long dead prey, and long dead cats as well. Neither noticed the gleaming feline skull only tail-lengths away.

Last edited by Rosethorn95 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Rosethorn95
Admin

Location : Startrekking Across the Universe on the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hallows Eve ~TBU~

Post  MewMew100 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 am

D'awww! Can't wait for more Razz
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:41 am

It's fun writing from Mercury's point of few, especially when she was young and more formal on the outside.
Rosethorn95
Admin

Location : Startrekking Across the Universe on the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:44 am

yup. The story I'm working on is from Soulthunder's first life as a kit throughout her life until she reached Frostclan and all the messed up crap in between.
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:49 am

I read it, very well done.
Rosethorn95
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:16 am

Thanks, I've still got to add more Razz
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:17 am

And I'm looking forward to it.
Rosethorn95
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonnaruto on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:41 am

Me gusta.

I like this. A lot. I think I'm going to start editing Thornheart personality, I planned on doing ti after he killed Scar. So I guess I'll stick with that plan.
dragonnaruto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:52 pm

XD thanks. I'm considering this an experiment with Mercury and her personality.
Rosethorn95
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:04 am

Nice long update for you guys. Mostly from Thornpaw's POV but there is some Mercury too.
Rosethorn95
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonnaruto on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Oooh. Cliffhanger, I needz more.
dragonnaruto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down