Mew's Creepy Pokemon Searches...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mew's Creepy Pokemon Searches...

Post  MewMew100 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:25 pm

This may not be counted as a fanfic, but more as a blog-type thing and I didn't know where to post this.

Alright, you guys might or might not have known it, but recently, I've become slightly obsessed with the idea of the Lavender Town Tone. Whether its real or not, I choose to believe so and I've been searching the whole internet for about that last three to four months looking for answers. However, so far, most have either been extremely vague, false, or just too creepy to take in. And I won't just be posting stuff about Lavender Town, but other creepy stuff that seems legit. And I'll be posting in pink so you'll know what I'm saying and what the online sources are saying.

So, I've decided that I'll be posting my findings here and so you guys don't think I'm just making this stuff up, I'll post the websites they came from as well. So, here goes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 19 2012. 7:39 PM

First off, I'll post the different types of Lavender Town themes that I came across. Listen each one from start to finish and see if you can telly the difference:

Lavender Town's current theme (Leafgreen/Firered) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK2iLnTR9V8&feature=related
Lavender Town's Gen 1 theme (Red/Green) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sOadAaGiq4&feature=related
Lavender Town's Beta Verson (I guess...not really positive, but its way eerie) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZN7rbJLoc

Thanks youtube.com Smile
Listen at your own risk...

Next, some info on Lavender Town, its theme, the conspiracy, and other info:

“During the first few days of the release of Pokemon Red and Green in Japan, back in February 27, 1996, a peak of deaths appeared in the age group of 10-15.” …Creepy.
It is said that only young teens and children can hear these certain “tones” throughout this first video, and fully developed human ears cannot.
Overview -
The phenomenon of the “Lavender Town Tone” is a legend that involves a bizarre spate of medical cases and deaths from around the country that have been connected to the “Pocket Monsters” (Pokémon) series of games, in particular the first two games of the series, “Red” and “Green”. Though the event is largely unheard of due to disclosure laws for companies based in the Kyoto Prefecture, there is a large amount of information that has been brought into the open by a number of dedicated individuals, including Seki Uchitada, Ise Mitsutomo and Satou Harue, to whom this page is dedicated. Thanks also go out to Andou Kagetada for providing images and animated .gifs of the visual phenomena.
This analysis will discuss the other phenomena that is often confused with the “Lavender Town Tone”, known as “White Hand Sprite”, “Ghost Animation” and “buried alive model”, as well as the semi-related developer-tag that was inserted into the game, and how to safely perform these “easter eggs” in post-first wave cartridges.
History of the Game -
The first cases of the “Lavender Town Tone” and associated events were reported a few months after the release of of “Pocket Monsters Red and Green” for the handheld “Game Boy” videogame console. These videogames were wildly popular with children between the ages of seven and twelve (their core demographic), which was no doubt one of the reasons why the “Lavender Town Tone” had the level of severity that it did. In the game, the player takes on the role of a “Trainer”, whose task it is to capture, tame and train wild creatures called “Pocket Monsters” for battle. These games, and the two newest additions to the series, “Pocket Monsters Gold and Silver”, an anime, manga, figurines, a collectible card-game and home console games have resulted in Pocket Monsters becoming a multi-billion dollar franchise.
In one part of the game, the Trainer comes to a small, out-of-the-way place called “Lavender Town”. This town is one of the smallest hamlets in the game (aside from the Trainer’s own home town), and possesses very few of the services available to the Trainer in every other city in the game – indeed, the location would be unremarkable were it not for the “Pokémon Tower” located there – a colossal building that holds the graves of hundreds of deceased Pokémon.
It is theorised that, because of this location in the game, at least two hundred children lost their lives, and many more developed sudden illnesses and afflictons – and this does not consider the vast waves of unreported illnesses or deaths whose cause went unnoticed.
History of the Pathology (Part 1) -
It was not until Spring/Summer of 1996 that the cases that would eventually become linked to the Lavender Town Tone began to surface. The earliest record of the acknowledgement of the effects of the Lavender Town Town that the author could find came from an internal report made in June 1996 by the company Game Freak Inc., which was then leaked by one of its former employees, Ms. Satou Harue. In it, an employee gives a list of names, dates and symptoms – records of children between the ages of 7 and 12 who had suffered various medical problems as a result of playing Pocket Monsters Red and Green versions. Some records are listed below, with the full listing in Appendix A [here]. (It should be noted that entries in the Appendix also include symptoms borne not from the “Lavender Town Tone” [an audio phenomenon] but from the so-called “White Hand Sprite”, “Ghost Animation” and “buried alive model”, all of which were visual phenomena that provoked similar but distinct symptoms. More details on Part Two).

April 12 1996. Obstructive sleep apnea, severe migraines, otorrhagia, tinnitus.

May 23 1996. General irritability, insomnia, addiction to videogame, nosebleeds. Developed into violent streaks against others and eventually himself.

April 27 1996. Cluster headaches, irritability. Eventually took mixed painkillers.

March 4 1996. Migraines, sluggish and slow behaviour, unresponsiveness. Developed into deafness, and went missing. Body discovered beside road April 20 1996.

The document that was circulated internally was the first time that these incidents had been connected with the Pocket Monsters videogames – until then, the cause had not been discovered or diagnosed by medical professionals. Indeed, it is uncertain how the company themselves managed to find the cases related to the event without seeking advice from health services.
Pathology Detail: “Lavender Town Tone” -
The predominant symptoms related to what would become known as the “Lavender Town Town” included headaches and migraines, bleeding from eyes and ears, mood swings and irritability, addiction to the games, unprovoked violence, withdrawal and unresponsiveness, and in approximately 67% of cases, suicidal tendencies. However, these symptoms only manifested in children between the ages of 7 and 12 years old who had reached the area in game known as “Lavender Town”, most of whom were revealed to have been wearing headphones or earphones while playing the game.
As it turns out, the developers of the Lavender Town area had sought to make an area that would “leave an impression on the player”, according to Seki Uchitada, who was a member of the development team. Seki claimed that at the time of development, a number of the team were interested in making Lavender Town a little different to the rest of the game.
“The Pokémon Tower is a visible result of that,” Seki told 'Game’s Dimensions' Magazine in an interview earlier this year. “That, and the fact that Lavender Town is so different from all the other cities in the game: it is smaller, it has fewer people occupying it, it didn’t have a gym… and, of course, the music was very, very eerie. In fact, in the first version of the game, we were told to slightly change the song played in the background of Lavender Town … because our manager told us it would make children upset. The music used in subsequent versions is different.”
Either Seki was unaware of the full impact of the Lavender Town Tone, or was vastly underexaggerating how “upset” children would get – no more is said of the music in the article, but there are mentions of Lavender Town’s other macabre features (see below).

What Seki failed to disclose to Game’s Dimensions Magazine was that the music used in the first-wave release of Pocket Monsters Red and Green was formulated out of an experiment in “binaural beats”: using slightly different frequencies of sound, each frequency played in one ear through earphones or headphones, various psychological effects can be induced upon the listener. In most versions of the first wave releases, this resulted in the player feeling uneasy, apprehensive, and mildly disturbed. However, for upwards of two-hundred children, it provoked a variety of disturbances in the brain that went undetected purely because it was undetectable by fully developed human ears – instead, only children fell victim to the tones , resulting in psychological and physiological problems that in some cases led to death – many of which were suicides.
Pathology Detail (Part 2): Visual Overview -
These visual effects are known among programming circles as “The White Hand Sprite”, the “Ghost Animation”, and the “Buried Alive Model”. Each has been found to cause headaches, nausea, and in severe cases, hemorrhaging of the brain and lungs. While around 70% of Lavender Town Syndrome (LTS) is due to the Lavender Tone, the remaining percentage is split among these visual phenomena. This is partly due to the visual stimuli occurring after the player is introduced to the Lavender Tone. It has been theorized that those unaffected by the aural stimulation, such as the deaf or the hard of hearing, make up the remaining 30%. While viewing these models can cause these effects, there are certain methods that allow a viewer to safely examine them in detail.
The White Hand Sprite -
Known in the code as WhitHand.gif, this was scripted to appear as a Pokemon on the third floor of the Lavender Tower. It is divided into four separate animations: an introduction (the “cry” a Pokemon unleashes before a battle), an idle, and two attacks. These attacks are unknown, as they are listed simply as “Fist” and “Brutal”. While viewing the animation has been proven to be hazardous, viewing the frames of the model has been proven to have no adverse effects. The White Hand is depicted as a shriveled, slightly decayed hand, with surprising attention to detail: flesh is peeling back from the bone, and several tendons dangle realistically out of the wrist. The first attack is the hand balling into a fist, then swinging forward. However, the “brutal” animation is missing several frames: The hand seems to open up, then cuts out. After a few seconds, it reappears, closed again. No record has been found of these missing frames.
Ghost Animation -
The Ghost Animation, coded as Haunting.swf, was intended to be placed in several areas throughout the tower, including in the center of a path on the second floor. However, players cannot interact with it, leaving many to believe that it was intended as a “background feature”. The ghost animation as well must be viewed in individual frames. It is comprised of 59 frames total. However, after extraction, around half of these frames have been revealed to be the standard ghost model used in Pocket Monsters. Around a quarter of the remaining frames are comprised of static, to produce a “fading” effect. However, interspersed with these bursts of static are several frames of screaming faces, along with images of a skeletal man in a cloak (hypothesized to be the Grim Reaper) and of several killed corpses. The meaning behind these are unknown- While under oath before the Video Games Commission Board, Lead Programmer Hisashi Sogabe testified as to having “No knowledge as to where these images surfaced.” Out of all the phenomena associated with LTS, this animation is the most speculated on: In his thesis “Video Games and The Manipulation of the Human Mind”, Dr. Jackson Turner argued that the images were intentionally placed in. Due to their brief time appearing on the screen, and the graphic nature of the frames, Turner theorizes that these were meant to subliminally influence players into becoming more frightened by the disturbing surroundings.
The Buried Alive Model -
Often referred to as its code, the Buryman script, the Buried Alive Model was to be found on the final story of the Pokemon Tower, in what has now been replaced with the Marowak ghost. According to the scripts assigned to it, the Buried Alive model was intended to be the “boss” of the tower. Once reaching the top floor, the following conversation would have taken place.
Buried Alive: You’re… Here.
BA: I’m trapped…
BA: And I’m lonely…
BA: So very lonely…
BA: Won’t you join me?

After this, the battle would have been initiated. Once in
“battle view”, the Buried Alive model appears to be a decaying human corpse attempting to crawl out of the ground. It has been programmed to have two White Hands, a Gengar, and a Muk. Strangely enough, a protocol for the Buried Alive’s actions after it was defeated were not written. In the case of the player defeating him, the game would freeze. However, a specific ending was written by an unknown programmer upon losing the battle. In this ending, the Buried Alive was to have stated, “Finally, fresh meat!” followed by several lines of gibberish. He was to have then dragged the player character into the ground surrounding him. The scene would finish with a typical “Game Over” screen; however, in the background, an image of the Buried Alive character devouring the player was to have been shown. Especially strange are the protocols for after this scene. The cartridge was to download this image to the small internal memory contained in the Gameboy, overwriting the title screen that normally accompanied a Gameboy turning on. Instead, whenever it was started, the player would view this image as the sound file staticmesh.wav was played. The intended purpose for this effect, unlike many of the other factors leading towards LTS, is unknown.

Alright, so that's what I've dug up so far. The rest of the online sources pretty much match up with this info. However, I believe some parts of this are complete crap. Like the Buried Alive model. I mean, seriously! If the person won, the game would freeze and they'd never get to the other cities. And if they lost, their frickin Gameboy would be fried. Though I do believe that Gamefreak created the White Hand for the game, I think they reconsidered it to be too graphic and replace it with Mother Marowak. As for the ghosts sprites, I'm not too sure what to think.

Next up is one of my favorites. This kinda scared me a bit, but I did feel a little relieved by his videos. Ok, so this is the story of Blametruth's (youtube username) White Ditto. This isn't a creepypasta as much as you want to think it is. Now, the white ditto has to do with either or both Missingno and the White Hand sprite, so be ready.

White Ditto -

BlameTruth:
"This story is true, and to this day has freaked me out, so I figured I'd share it for Halloween since it is almost here and since it is one of my favorite holidays. I have never told anyone this before because it has been so bizarre for me to take in. Could my game be 'haunted'?

Is there more to the MISSINGNO glitch than meets the eye? Did some GameFreak developer die while working on this game and is this is some kind of tribute, or could this even be a paranormal happening?? I don't know, but this freaks me out. Enjoy. :/

The background music is the theme that played in Lavender Town in the game, but reversed. The picture is some weird Jigglypuff thing I found off google images. Fitting to say the least.

EDIT: Right after I got through uploading this at 5.30am in the morning, my phone rings... it says "Private Caller" on the caller ID and they leave no message. WTF. Who could be calling at this hour?"

"Watch til the end, holy shit. Also, I have some good news, and some bad news.

The good news is I re-installed Vegas after I recorded this video and it is working. Even though I am freaked out and slightly scared, I plan to post the ending to the story and my explanation of the events soon because you guys are so interested.

More good news is that I bought a device that will let me transfer my Pokemon Blue Save file to my computer to be played on a rom so I can record it and show you guys the infamous creepy 'White Ditto' as well as a freaky event that happened in-game that will be revealed in the story conclusion.

The bad news is that I don't know what other bad luck or strange happenings will come my way, or what may halt my progress with this strange video game phenomenon. It definitely seems some outside force does NOT want me to share any of this, though.

Everyone thinks this is a creepypasta, or a Halloween prank. Despite how many times I say 'this is real' people on the internet will believe what they want. So, do just that, I don't care. But I'm glad this has received such a good response and is entertaining regardless of what you believe. It's just a shame this has all been so stressful for me, as these 'paranormal happenings' really do scare me."

"Ok, so, I had to re-install Sony Vegas just to edit this. The music used is a slowed down version of Lavender town music.

No matter how many times I say "this is real" or "this isn't a Halloween" prank people will believe what they want, so draw your own assumptions. I'm on the fence as to whether or not this is coincidence or something paranormal.

The blue theory is very interesting one that you guys pointed out. Everything that has been messed with or has screwed up has been blue. This includes; the blue cartridge, the glacier blue gameboy, the blue SD card, blue screening Laptop, a drawer with blue items in it, Sony Vegas' icon is blue, my blue LED mouse, and now, I realize, even my Blue Snowball. My Twitter page, which is blue, keeps saying I don't exist sometimes when people try to go to it. What could it all mean? Could something be trying to lead me on with clues? I don't know.

I now have a fever though and am laid up in bed. I've been having some bad headaches too. So I'll save some more explanations for the next video."

"I will have footage of the white ditto on my channel tomorrow, along with another weird anomaly I discovered on my version of the game.

Re-posting this as for whatever reason, the old video was deleted from my videos here on YouTube. The quality might be worse than the old one too, so sorry.

So, this investigation was done in my former home. The last time I played Pokemon Blue was around this time period, and before the investigation, my friends and I did in fact use a Ouija board. I really think this has something to do with the events occurring in my new home, and I think it has something to do with the Blue cartridge.

I haven't messed with the cartridge for a few days now. I've been trying to stay out of my house and have been going over to friends' houses a lot. I did transfer the save file from the cartridge to my PC though to easily record the white ditto, but I haven't bothered to record it yet. I bought another Gameboy and its shipping to me in due time. I'm afraid it will break as well though. We'll see.

What could all this mean? The blue items being messed with, videos vanishing, the white ditto... I feel as if I'm trying to figure out a puzzle with missing pieces. Please leave your thoughts below in the comments, I need your help in uncovering what is actually going on."

"Ok, so after transferring my save file from my cartridge over to my PC, I was able to record this without any technology problems... sort of. However, as I suspected, the emulator/screen recorder crashed soon afterward, oddly enough at the same time. I am going to mess around in the game more and try to record stuff for you guys.

Lately the odd sounds in my house are getting worse. I'm going to start recording myself at all times, or at least parts of my house to see if I can catch anything to upload."

"At this point, I am genuinely scared. After this was recorded, I captured something on Blue a second ago that pretty much solidifies that all this is connected to the game. I'll upload it tomorrow. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen.

Also, please realize that I can't upload commentated gaming videos unless I go to my friend's house as my mic is on the fritz. Please be patient and stop annoying me about it in the comments, thankyou.

EDIT: There is definitely no 'cut' at 1:52 in the video, but a camera glitch or glitch that happened in rendering that was not my doing. I just looked at it and it "replays" the same scene that just happened for a split second. Very odd, could be a frame skip or something. A little later on the camera pixelates and cuts out as well, so I'd say its the camera and not something that glitched in the render."

"I don't know what to title this video, so I'll just make the title what the capture program assigned it. Anyway, the story goes like this.

While waiting for my Gameboy Advance to come in the mail (stupid ebay and their slow shipping) I decided, since the save for my Pokemon Blue is on my computer, that I would play around on it and see if I could catch any other odd occurrences, as I was certain that this game and the paranormal events that are currently happening to me are somehow related.

So, I started up the game, started my screen capture program, and right away I noticed something strange. The white Ditto had magically gained 15 levels and was at around half health. Now, I hadn't touched the game since I recorded the "original" white Ditto video, and no one else has access to my PC, so I don't know how the hell this happened. But, I just chalked it up to some random glitch/bug and moved on.

I noticed on my save file that I only had 6 badges, so I looked to see which gyms my cousin hadn't beaten. One was Viridian, obviously, and the other was Saffron. So, I boxed some of the higher level guys my cousin had glitched and/or obtained, and brought out some of the guys I was using before I let him borrow the game, like Magmar, Muk, etc. I then set out to Saffron, battling some random trainers on the way, obtaining some useful TM's like Psychic from Mr. Psychic's house, and so forth.

I always loved Saffron as a kid because there were TWO gyms instead of one; the traditional Psychic gym that was home to Sabrina, and a Fighting gym at the top of town that gave you a Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan upon beating the leader.

I decided to hit up the Fighting gym first to do some leveling, as Sabrina is a very tough trainer to face due to Psychic types being so dominate in R/B/Y.

I managed to pretty easily handle the most of the trainers in the gym due to Muk being a Poison type (thus being resistant to Fighting moves), but upon realizing that Muk would be useless against Sabrina, I switched over to Magmar to just decimate everything with Fire Blast.

I got to the leader of the gym, saved my game, and was beginning to think that nothing substantially odd would happen. It was about 15 after 1, and I had been recording for a good 30-45 minutes or so at this point, so I was about to cut off my screen recorder. But, I decided to keep recording just for the hell of it, at least until I decided I didn't want to play anymore.

With the help of a lucky burn, I beat the gym leader pretty easily with Magmar's Fire Blast, and prepared to claim my prize of either Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan. But, something strange started happening that honestly scared the hell out of me.

After beating the leader and coming out of the battle screen, the music that would normally play wasn't there. What was there was a strange, second or so loop of the same note or two over and over. This went on for a few seconds before coming to a halt altogether so no music was playing whatsoever.

But that wasn't the scary part, it was what the beaten leader said. Instead of his usual shtick about letting me choose between Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee for beating him, he said, word for word, the dialogue bit from the creepy girl in Lavender Town; "Hahaha, I guess not. That white hand on your shoulder, it's not real."

A random Pokemon cry broke the silence, and the odd looped notes started up again as the dialogue disappeared from the text box completely. Although initially frightened, for a moment I thought the game had glitched and just randomly froze.

I was about to reset the rom when suddenly, the game white screened, and I appeared in a dark cave (I assumed it to be Rock Tunnel, above Lavender Town) with the most awful sounding music I have ever heard playing in the background.

This wasn't normal music from the game on loop or anything either (hell, I wouldn't even call this music as it had no real rhythm or timing), this was a loud static hum over top of of seemingly random notes of sound. I have never heard anything like this in ANY game, let alone Pokemon.

At this point I really wanted to turn the game off out of fear, but my curiosity got the best of me. Considering I couldn't see anything in this dark cave, I decided to go to my Clefable and use Flash. When I went to my list of Pokemon, however, I noticed something really strange.

The white Ditto's overworld sprite had changed from its usual substitute doll-esque sprite to the sprite of the old man laying down at the start of the game who will only get up if you give him coffee, or something along those lines.

I go to check the stats of the thing, and it's in-game sprite was non-existent, with the only thing there being a white background. Very strange. I quickly exited out and proceeded to go up to Clefable and use Flash; upon doing so however, the game again white screened, and I then was staring at Professor Oak's sprite from the start of the game. He wasn't moving, the text box wasn't coming up, and an ANOTHER bit of weird music was playing in the background this time.

At this point my palms were sweating from nervousness and fright. I started hammering the A button, and even though I heard the "ding" selection sound it makes when going through the menus, nothing changed on the screen. I hit every button on my NES USB controller and nothing changed still.

I was about to just shut down the emulator when I realized I could reset the game by simultaneously holding select, start, A and B. I quickly did this and luckily, the game reset... only not really. Before doing so, the text box popped up under Professor Oak and simply said "Hell" before taking me back to the opening startup screen.

At this point, I realized this was all too strange to be a random glitch... this was a message. And although the game had been reset, something was still off.

Yet another form of strange music began playing as I cruised through the opening credit screens and opening video sequences. The title screen wasn't displaying properly either, not cycling through the Pokemon as it normally would, all the while a strange music played in the background.

At this point, I reset the game through the emulator menu just to see if my game was going to be permanently like this. After resetting again though, the music and sounds began to play normally again.

I stared blankly at the title screen which was displaying properly now, still in awe at what had just taken place. I then quickly shut the game off and stopped the screen capture. I had to get out of the house after what had just taken place. This, above all things, was proof enough for me that this is all connected to the game.

I haven't played since I recorded this."

I wasn't sure when BlameTruth last posted on the White Ditto thing or if he just gave up on it, so this is what I have for today.

However, expect more scary stuff cuz if this little page of mine gets popular enough, I could start posting all my findings on scary pokemon stuff as a treat to all of you, my friends.

Last edited by MewMew100 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mew's Creepy Pokemon Searches...

Post  Green Hornet on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:44 am

Come little children,
Come with me,
Safe and happy,
You will be away from home,
Now let us run,
With Hypno,
You'll have so much fun,
Oh, little children, please don't cry,
Hypno wouldn't hurt a fly,
Be free to frolic,
Be free to play,
Come with me to my cave to stay,
Oh, little children, please don't squirm,
These ropes, I know, will hold you firm,
Now look to me,
The pendant calls,
Back and forth,
Your eyelids fall,
Oh, little children, you cannot leave,
For you, your families will grieve,
Minds unravelling at the seams,
Allowing me to haunt their dreams,
Do not wail and do not weep,
It's time for you to go to sleep,
Little children, you were not clever,
Now you'll stay with me forever...
Green Hornet
Admin

View user profile http://frostclanlegacy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 am

Hypno's Lullaby....i know that one
Chibi248

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:57 pm

I've heard Hypno's lullaby before...

Mew, I am flipping out. Half-way through the first 'White Ditto' video I got kinda nauseous. I ignored it, guessing that it was just the creepiness of it and how I was a little jumpy. I paused the video for a few minutes, felt fine. I played it again and exactly thirty seconds later got seriously nausueos again. I stopped watching it about 1 minute from the end....WTF?
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:19 pm

March 20 2012. 4:13
Hypno:

Alright, so for today, I'm gonna focus on the pokemon Hypno. You can thank GH for bringing up the topic Smile

For starters, you else thinks this pokemon's creepy? Surely I and Chibi can't be the only ones. I mean, seriously! Its a pokemon who uses hypnosis on others, eats dreams, and conjures up poisonous gases.

So, why have I picked Hypno for my creepy search today? Well, earlier GH posted a pretty popular script on my page here; Hypno's Lullaby. So, I'll post that here and just to add some creepy elements to the poem, I'll add some background info on the gen one psychic type Razz

“Come little children, come with me
Safe and happy, you will be
Away from you’re homes, now let us run
With Hypno, you’ll have so much fun

Oh, little children, please don’t cry
Hypno wouldn’t hurt a fly
Be free, be free, be free, to play
Come down in my cave with me to stay

Oh little children, please don’t squirm
Those ropes, I know, will hold you firm
Hypno tells you this is true
But sadly, Hypno lied to you

Oh little children, you musn’t leave
Your families for you will grieve
Their minds will unravel at the seams
Allowing me to haunt their dreams

But surely, all of you must know
That it is time for you to go
Oh little children, you weren’t clever
Now you shall stay with me forever.”

Ok, so now that's out of the way, I'ma post some info on Hypno, starting with its Dex Entries:

Red/Blue - When it locks eyes with an enemy, it will use a mix of PSI moves such as Hypnosis and Confusion.
Green - If you lock eyes with it, it will try to hypnotize you. It is best to close your eyes quickly before you get hypnotized.
Yellow - Avoid eye contact if you come across one. It will try to put you to sleep by using its pendulum.
Gold - When it is very hungry, it puts humans it meets to sleep, then it feasts on their dreams.
Silver - Always holding a pendulum that it rocks at a steady rhythm, it causes drowsiness in anyone nearby.
Crystal - The longer it swings its pendulum, the longer the effects of its hypnosis last.
Ruby/Sapphire - Hypno holds a pendulum in its hand. The arcing movement and glitter of the pendulum lull the foe into a deep state of hypnosis. While this Pokémon searches for prey, it polishes the pendulum.
Emerald - The arcing movement and glitter of the pendulum in a Hypno's hand lull the foe into deep hypnosis. While searching for prey, it polishes the pendulum.
Leafgreen/Firered - It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized.
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Seeing its swinging pendulum can induce sleep in three seconds, even in someone who just woke up.
Heartgold - When it is very hungry, it puts humans it meets to sleep, then it feasts on their dreams.
Soulsilver - Always holding a pendulum that it swings at a steady rhythm, it causes drowsiness in anyone nearby.
Black/White - Seeing its swinging pendulum can induce sleep in three seconds, even in someone who just woke up.

Hypno is a bipedal human-like Pokémon that has yellow colored skin. It has two triangular, cat-like ears on the top of its head and two sleepy looking eyes with a giant nose underneath. On its neck, it has a ruff of white fur. Hypno has five fingers on each hand and holds a pendulum in its left. (It is worthy to note that no explanation has been given as to where the pendulum Hypno carries comes from.) Hypno has three toes on its feet, which have a pink colored pad on the undersides.
Hypno are able to put people to sleep. They can then sense the dreams they are having, so they know what kind of dream they would be eating. Hypno is also known to inexplicably conjure up Poison Gas.
Hypno is known to reside away from humans and on less traveled roads. If anyone comes by, the Hypno will hypnotize it and presumably eat its dreams. It carries around a pendulum, the item it uses to hypnotize victims, everywhere it goes. Hypno hypnotizes its victims by rocking its pendulum back and forth steadily, with the arcing movement and glitter of the pendulum lulling the victim to sleep, even if they just woke up. Hypno's Hypnosis technique is so effective, it can induce sleep in only three seconds, although the longer it swings its pendulum, the longer the effects of Hypnosis will last. Since eye contact is required for Hypno’s Hypnosis technique to work, the effect is negated if the victim quickly closes its eyes. While it waits for victims, it polishes its pendulum using its mane.
It feeds on dreams. Its special abilities allow it to put people to sleep and then sense the dreams they are having, so they know what kind of dream they would be eating.
Thank you, Bulbapedia!!

There is a surprising amount of freedom that children are allowed to have in the world of Pokémon, considering the fact that there are predators like Hypno, just waiting to lure away unsuspecting minors. It sounds dirty, and creepy, yeah, but upon reading Hypno’s background, things turn from pervy to terrifying.

Hypno uses its trademark pendulum to hypnotize its victims to sleep, luring them away into the unknown. Hypno likes to hang around schools and abandoned roads, waiting to strike, ready to hypnotize unassuming children before stealing them away, never to be seen again. The implications here are terrifying: Is there some sort of cave out there, with hundreds of stolen children? What does Hypno do with these kids? Do I even want to know? Probably not.
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:59 pm

March 21 2012. 7:37

Reasons why Pokemon is Demented...

So I've been researching and I've found a few more or less sad info on Pokemon, and when you think about it, its pretty creepy how they fit it into a child's franchise.

Cubone's mom's got creepy stuff going on:
Alright, so after a bit of reading on Bulbapedia, I've got a pretty good idea of a Cubone's habits and such. But there's something that I find sorta bothersome and that this.

Most players are aware of Cubone’s creepy back story. The infant child of a deceased mother, a Cubone will wear it’s late mom’s skull as a protective helmet. These Pokémon are reclusive, sad, and lonely, forever mourning the loss of its mother. For a game seemingly geared towards young kids, a sad little Pokémon that wears its dead mother’s skull is shockingly dark. While Cubone is a pretty familiar example of Pokémon creepiness, many people overlook an even darker, more disturbing fact. How does Cubone remove the skull from its mother’s body?

Now, I understand that Pokémon fights are viscious, and some fatal, but it’s pretty improbable that every Pokémon death ends with a decapitation. What if Cubone’s mom was killed by, say incineration, or electric shock? Cubone would have to personally decapitate, gut, and skin its dead mother. Without any visibly sharp fangs or claws, this act would have to be a horrifying mess. Next time you see a cute little mopey Cubone, remember what it’s capable of.

Next up,

Golbat will feed on the blood of your children:
So first off, who the hell would want to live in a world where there are fucking huge-ass blood sucking creatures?! I mean, its sounds epicly awesome without real thought, but seriously? Say you wake up one morning, its a nice day outside, the sun's beaming. You take one step outside and BAM! Some insane monster is sucking out your blood till your eyes pop and you're as dry as the desert.

If the thought of a giant, five foot tall bloodsucking bat wasn’t scary enough, take a quick look at Golbat’s Pokédex entries. Firstly, in Heart Gold, it mentions how other creatures are almost defenseless to its blood lust: “However hard its victim’s hide may be, it punctures with sharp fangs and gorges itself with blood”. Well, that can’t be good, can it? Things get even worse when you read the Leaf Green Pokédex entry. “Once it strikes, it will not stop draining energy from the victim even if it gets too heavy to fly”.

Essentially, Golbat will pierce your skin and drink your blood until it can’t even fly. Remember the part when I said that Golbat was five feet tall? Think of how much blood it would have to drink to become overencumbered? At almost 125 pounds, Golbat could make easy work of small children, which seem to roam the world in great abundance.

To drive home how terrifying this is, I’ll apply some basic human knowledge and perform some Mythbusters style calculations. Generally, an adult can’t survive after losing more than 40% of his/her blood, and that’s being generous. If you were out in the wilderness like a Pokémon trainer, losing even less than 40% would be near fatal. Since the average adult has about six quarts of blood in their system, they would have to lose around two and a half quarts to die. That’d mean a Golbat would have to drink the equivalent of only two and a quarter bottles of large soda to kill a healthy adult. A child would probably have half that amount. Suddenly you start to question how kid-friendly the Pokémon world is.

Machoke, living in eternal anguish:
I swear, this one, along with the next one, are like the saddest ones I think I've ever read about pokemon. I mean, just read about these poor fighting types. It makes me glad that pokemon aren't real, and I've always wished they were. Again, thank you Bulbapedia and the interwebs for this gory set of information.

The eerily human Machoke is another creepy member of the original 151. I’m sure that you have noticed the long red lines on Machoke’s biceps and forearms, but do you know what those lines are? Machoke is quite literally bursting with muscles, and it is heavily implied that the red lines are Machoke’s muscles, underneath areas where its skin has stretched apart. Think about that. Why is it smiling? Perhaps Machoke isn’t actual smiling, but constantly grimacing in agony.

Also, the Pokédex sheds light on its special garments, saying that “Machoke’s boundless power is very dangerous, so it wears a belt that suppresses its energy.” This raises another horrifying question: what happens to wild Machokes? The belt these Pokémon wear seems to be artificial, presumably crafted by humans, so what happens to Machokes born in the wild? If they didn’t have the belt, would they eventually explode into a mass of torn flesh and bulging muscle?

*Weeps as the next short tale scrolls over*
Yamask will make you want to quit Pokemon forever:
Yamask is a Pokémon that still haunts me to this day. First seen in Pokémon Black/White, Yamask is a Ghost Pokémon found in the ruins of Relic Castle. While Ghost-type Pokémon have always been a little unsettling, Yamask just pushes it over the edge. Take a look at what is said in Pokémon White’s Pokédex: “These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.”

What? Seriously, that’s what it says. And guess what, things get worse with Pokémon Black’s Pokédex entry: “Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.” That’s it man, game over. These Pokémon are fully sentient, rational beings. If you have ever used one in game, think about the implications. You have forcibly captured it, confined it, and sent it to fight other vicious beasts. Unlike other seemingly feral Pokémon, Yamask is quite aware of what it’s going through. It’s scared and alone, and probably just wants to go back to its family. When I realized this, I decided to remove Yamask from my party, sending him to my PC storage, which is just as bad. Yamask will spend an eternity, alone in a Poke ball. Stored in a computer. And it’s fully aware of this. Now that's some messed up shit...

What exactly happens inside a pokeball?:
Now this was something I've wonder about ever since I was like, what, five. I've searched various sites and its just been nonstop arguing over what happens, but I happened to find the two most popular ideas most people have.
While there no definitive explanation as to the inner workings of Pokéballs, the two most popular explanations both have terrifying connotations.

Some argue that when stored in a Pokéball, Pokémon are conscious, and aware of time and space. This theory is supported by the fact that Pokémon respond to commands when they are in Pokéball form, such as when the Pokémon trainer throws the Pokéball into battle. This is unsettling to many, however, since this implies that Pokémon can be potentially imprisoned for all of eternity, aware of the outside world, but powerless to escape. Just think of how many stored Pokémon you have, never to see the light of day.

Since this theory is so unnerving, many have accepted the fact the Pokémon are unconscious or comatose when stored in a Pokéball. This may seem a little more humane, at least until you think it through for a little bit. For the most part, Pokémon rarely spend time outside of the Pokéball, except for when they are in battle. Yes, you will occasionally see the odd Pokémon hanging around with its trainer, but for the most part, Pokémon live in their Pokéballs. If they are unconscious, this means that they have no perception of life inside the ball. All seems well, until you realize that for some Pokémon, their entire lives will consist of an endless string of battles. Pokémon know no rest, no peace, no happiness. Just fight after fight. Its like animal abuse....except, these guys have the power to incinerate you. Think about that.
~
Ok, so now that that's out of the way, I have a special treat for you guyz! For a game made for children about adorable monsters, there's a lot of really disturbing stuff in Pokemon. I've noticed that though they sound all scientific and junk, the Pokedex can't hide how creepy or unnerving their entries are.
Okay, okay, admittedly: It's a game made for children about adorable monsters who are sent out to fight each other for the enjoyment of their owners like gladiators battling at the pleasure of a ten year-old Caligula. But it's one thing to have Mewtwo listed as being the product of "years of horrific gene splicing" (Pokemon Red), and quite another to have multiple creatures whose sole purpose is to drag children kicking and screaming through the gates of Hell, and that's not an exaggeration.
So I've searched around and done quite a bit of reading and after all of that, I've come up with a basic idea, (based on my general idea of terrible), and created a list of the top ten most disturbing pokedex entries out there Razz So, without further ado, let's start with Number Ten.

At first glance, it doesn't look like there could possibly be anything creepy about Delibird. After all, it's a bird version of Santa Claus, and it's even waving hello! That's adorable! Unfortunately, as cute as it might be, it also has a description that reveals some of the more questionable pieces of morality in the Pokemon universe -- and considering that this is a world where ten year-olds are sent out to wander from town to town getting in super-powered cockfights and busting up international criminal organizations, that's saying something.

Here's what the Pokedex has to say about Delibird:

"It nests at the edge of sharp cliffs. It spends all day carrying food to its awaiting chicks."

Again, nothing weird about that, until you start thinking about the fact that you just stumbled across an animal that was carrying food for its hungry children and either beat it senseless, or beat it senseless and then stuffed it in a tennis ball. Congratulations, kid! You wanted to beat Brock, so now there's a nest of baby Delibirds out there that are going to starve to death in the cold wondering where their mother is.

Speaking of cute things that come bundled with heartbreaking tragedy, we have Spoink, who appears to have been scientifically designed to have an Adorability Index of over 3,000 kilobuttons. Which of course means that it must be in constant mortal peril:

Spoink bounces around on its tail. The shock of its bouncing makes its heart pump. As a result, this Pokémon cannot afford to stop bouncing - if it stops, its heart will stop.

Holy crap, that is grim. It's even worse if you take into account that the object of the game is to battle these things until they faint, and unless it can bounce after getting blown into unconsciousness by a water cannon growing out of a giant turtle, every single battle ends with you straight up murdering it. It's a wonder Officer Jenny doesn't haul you off to be tried as an adult on sight.

Right about here is where things start to get weird, and yes: I say that knowing full well that I just discussed a psychic pig that bounces on a spring made from its tail to keep from going into cardiac arrest.

Anyway, I've often thought that living in the world must be some kind of constant existential nightmare where virtually every single thing around you might actually be a sentient being that could hold a grudge, and while it's one of the more fun designs-- it's the middle entrant in a series that sees a candle evolve into a lamp that then evolves into a chandelier -- Lampet is pretty much the embodiment of that weirdness.

Except that it also wants to eat your soul.

This ominous Pokémon is feared. Through cities it wanders, searching for the spirits of the fallen. It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body.

On the bright side, this will no doubt cause a reduction in energy costs, as children will be too scared to leave the lights on for a change.

Here's what the Pokedex has to say about this particular nightmare:

Sometimes, on a dark night, your shadow thrown by a streetlight will suddenly and startlingly overtake you. It is actually a Gengar running past you, pretending to be your shadow. To steal the life of its target, it slips into the prey's shadow and silently waits for an opportunity. On the night of the full moon, if shadows move on their own and laugh, it must be Gengar's doing.

I'm really not sure that there's anything I need to explain here about why this is a little creepy -- and let's be honest, the idea of catching ghosts that want to steal your life while pretending to be your shadow and making them fight dinosaurs made of trees in revenge is also what makes Pokemon pretty awesome -- but there's also an added element that makes him even weirder. A lot of fans like to think that Gengar is the actual shadow of the much nicer Clefairy (which is all about the full moon, you do not even know) that has come to life with a hunger for souls.

It's not anywhere close to being the official word -- and believe me, Pokemon fans have some really weird ideas about stuff -- but considering that his name comes from "Doppelganger," it does make a lot of sense. Relatively speaking, I mean.

I'll say one thing for Duskull, you at least know what you're getting into with a skull-faced shroud, but if the Santa Bird and the Spring Pig were that much of a downer, you can imagine how this one goes:

Duskull can pass through any wall no matter how thick it may be. Once this Pokémon chooses a target, it will doggedly pursue the intended victim until the break of dawn. If it finds bad children who won't listen to their parents, it will spirit them away--or so it's said. It loves the crying of children.

Guys. For real. It loves the crying of children and can walk through walls to spirit them away to parts unknown. Even better, if you give it an item called the Reaper Cloth -- yes, the Reaper Cloth -- it turns into a cyclopean horror that hears radio signals from beyond the grave instructing it to abduct people and take them to the afterlife.

Yeesh.

And while we're on the subject of dragging children off to the afterlife, here's Drifloon:

It tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing.

ARE YOU FOR REAL, POKEMON!? A BALLOON THAT KIDNAPS CHILDREN?! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL, MAN?

Seriously, these games are responsible for so many ruined birthday parties that I'm surprised they haven't introduced a party hat that controls your mind or a Christmas tree that punches grandmas. I'm starting to think they won't stop until kids are just all bursting into tears as soon as they see a pack of streamers.

Shedinja, on the other hand, is a great example of how something can be weird, creepy, creative and actually pretty awesome. It doesn't so much evolve as it springs into being when a cicada that is also a ninja (because why not?) sheds its carapace and evolves into its next form. If you've got an empty slot in your party and a spare Pokeball, the hollowed out carapace becomes reanimated, complete with a halo, as the ghost of something that's actually still alive.

Of course, this being Pokemon, that's not quite the end of it:

Shedinja's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

Yes, the soulless void inside an animated fragment of the past is hungry for a spirit, so whatever you do, do not look at it from the back.

Except that if you ever actually use it, that gaping hole that draws in your soul will be pointed right at you. Whoops?

Ah, good ol' Cubone. For years, this little guy -- a member of the original 151 Pokemon -- was commonly regarded as the ultimate in terms of depressing origin stories:

It pines for the mother it will never see again. Seeing a likeness of its mother in the full moon, it cries. The stains on the skull it wears are from its tears. It wears its mother's skull, never revealing its true face.

It cries because it misses its mother. It misses its mother because she is dead. And even worse, in the original games, you can actually encounter the ghost of a Cubone's mother (a Marowak), that was killed by Team Rocket. Killed! By Team Rocket! Looks like someone didn't prepare for trouble.

There is a bright side, though: By the time you level it up to Marowak, the Pokedex informs you that it "has grown tough by overcoming the grief of losing its mother. Its tempered and hardened spirit is not easily broken." Motivated and toughened up by the death of its mother? Hardened spirit? Dishes out savage beatings to others? Guys, that is basically Pokemon Batman.

We can all agree that dolls that come to life seeking revenge are super-terrifying nightmare fuel, right? It's not just me? Okay, how about self-mutilating dolls with mastery of voodoo that are motivated by revenge? That do anything for you?

Banette generates energy for laying strong curses by sticking pins into its own body. This Pokémon was originally a pitiful plush doll that was thrown away. It seeks the child that disowned it.

Yes, as though balloons, shadows, lamps and Santa Claus did not present enough of a threat on their own, now we have to deal with toys that claw their way out of a garbage dump motivated by pure hate. It's the Black Lantern Velveteen Rabbit, and it's coming for you.

The lesson Pokemon is getting at with this one is clear: Never, ever, ever stop playing with your toys. Especially the video games about capturing monsters.

And finally, we have our champion, the brand new title-holder for Most Disturbing Pokemon of All Time. Sure, he doesn't look like much -- a little like Phanto from Super Mario Bros. 2 who's had a few drinks and wants to get in a fistfight -- but wait. Just. Wait.

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life. Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

All right, let's do this by the numbers.

First, the idea that Pokemon used to be people. This puts a whole new spin on the very idea of this game, in that you're running around bottling up the souls of the dead and releasing them to battle your enemies. Ye cats, those televangelists back in the '90s were right all along!

Second, they retain the memories of their lives. "I used to have a wife. Kids. I spend a lot of time thinking about them, wondering if they miss me. But sure, kid, I'll go punch that lightning squirrel for you. Not like I got much of a choice." This is basically Dante's conception of Hell.

Third, each of them carries a mask that used to be its face. Straight up creepy.

Fourth and final, sometimes they look at it and cry. That. Is. Amazing.

Cubone cries because it misses its mother. That's just understandable. Yamask, however, cries from the sheer existential horror of what it has become while looking at the face it once wore as a human being before it was reduced to its current state, just breaking down under the sheer weight and indignity of all. Oh, and then it evolves into a sentient sarcophagus that kills grave robbers.

So, as you can see, Pokemon is pretty dark. However, its that darkness that keeps us older Pokemon fans sucked into the games. We're just searching out even the smallest things to make this game seem evil.
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kbwood on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 am

THIS. IS. CREEPY.

The dark and depressing Pokedex intries are pretty creepy too, buuut not as creepy. Because, it's just a game. Pokemon aren't real.

AND THAT GOODNESS I KNOW THAT.
kbwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Yeah, but the shit Pokemon does to people is very real....
Chibi248

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:35 pm

You know who should be part of that list? FUCKING FRILIISH!
But it is all very creepy *shudder*
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheyna on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Is it weird that I find the Lavender Town music - all the versions - very relaxing?
Sheyna
Mod

View user profile http://fogclan.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:14 pm

I've been listening to all three versions each day for the last week and a half, right when I wake and right before bed....At first, the high pitched screeching was only a bit annoying, but now my head is always throbbing....yet, I oddly find it somewhat soothing....
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:32 pm

April 13 2012. 5:32

So its Friday, the weekend, and I've been feeling the need of some edge. And even better, its Friday the 13th, awesome time for a new post on my searches. So, here goes.

Today, I'ma work on Pokemon Glitches. Now I know most of anyone who has any knowledge about anything Pokemon, must know of the most famous glitch of all. Even people who aren't fans of the Japanese game franchise must have at least heard of MissingNo due to its insane glitchiness. For those of you how don't know, get ready to take some notes.

Ok, according to various sites across the interweb, (plus, its basic knowledge) MissingNo is one of the most famous glitches in the gaming world.

Many players don't ever want to surf up and down the eastern shores of Cinnabar Island or Seafoam Island in any version of Pokémon, due to the glitch "MissingNo." and its "twin" 'M (Also known as M Block), from Pokémon Red and Blue, who on top of looking like garbled towers of pixels had the potential to corrupt one's graphics and, in the case of 'M, the player's save file. The battle music slows down or drops tracks. The text also becomes screwed up because these Pokémon have moves whose names seem to go on forever (or really weird names like "TM 20"). The freakiest part? The way you encounter it. You talk to an old man who wants to show you how to catch a Weedle, you go to a Cinnabar island and surf up the coasts a bit... AHKSLJDFO WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?! And it's one of the LEAST DANGEROUS. Also unsettling is the Glitch City, a garbled mess of pixels which, if travelled into too far, will cause the screen to freak out and the game to freeze.

You can also get Missing No. (a different version of it) in Pokemon Yellow, where encountering it becomes much more Screwy. Imagine just walking around in the grass with your brand new Pikachu Professor Oak just gave you, your mind full of dreams of becoming a Pokemon Master, when suddenly you encounter a wild Pokemon and everything glitches out. You wait fro the game to do some thing then a grating shrieking sound that nearly ruptures your eardrums; it sounds almost like some sort of Eldritch war cry. Then the game freezes. Just listen to this thing. It doesn't cry. It screams.

Another Yellow glitch with a similar effect to the Yellow Missing No. is "Female Symbol", whose name is just the symbol for "female". Imagine the above scenario, except this time the Eldritch Abomination screams at you, freezes you, and then serenades you with a creepy remix of what appear to be multiple different musical track from Lavender Town, the Team Rocket Hide-Out, and other places in RBY with creepy/scary music. But don't take my word for it - here, have a listen!

What makes it arguably worse is the plain red and black sprite for that...thing. It really does look like some dimly-lit intrusion into its dimension, where we can only see the highlights of some utterly-alien horror.

And the thing about Female Symbol's cry? As far as anyone can tell, IT HAS NO ENDING. People have tried to find one by speeding up their emulators and letting it sit for hours on end, but it just keeps going, with your character as its captive audience. . . forever.

People sit for hours listening to it on an emulator. IT EFFECTS REAL LIFE TOO.

Made even better when you look up Missingno's stats and discover that it's 23 feet tall. 23 feet of squealing, unnatural glitchiness.

With that being said, it is also told that there are many, many, many more different types of MissingNo and other glitchy little friendemies floating around out there. But I think I've made some interesting points. If you want to read more about the the other glitches, and how they're found, click here.
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Look at the sprite of MissingNo closly, very closely. What color is it? A garbled mess of gray, white, brown, and a purple-ish blue-ish color.
What is gray, white, brown, and that purple-ish blue-ish color? Kangaskhan.
I've heard a rumor that Marowak was originally suppossed to evolve into Kangaskhan, but that was taken out of the game. It took too much time to completely remove the feature, so it got turned into MissingNo. A garbled mess of the Kangaskhan that was supposed to be an evolution of Marowak.

This is something that I heard. May be true, may not. But it has some evidence behind it, you gotta admit.
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Well, they do have multiple types of MissingNo, not just other glitches. Like the Persian Missingno Glitch.

Hey, I just found this little exert from the Old Man glitch on both Wikipedia and Bulbapedia: There was one critical mistake that the developers made, however. The Cinnabar Island map, like the maps of all cities in the game, does not contain any wild Pokémon data. However, the east coast tiles were coded to trigger wild Pokémon battles. The effect is that when the player travels from a city to Cinnabar Island directly, the wild Pokémon list is not rebuilt. This means that when sailing on Cinnabar's east coast, the player will encounter whatever wild Pokémon were available at the last area they were traveling in. This is a useful trick for catching Safari Zone Pokémon; after exiting the Zone, fly immediately to Cinnabar and Surf on the east coast. You'll be able to battle Kangaskhans and the like on your own terms.
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Total epicness. You're a smart one, Mew. You research well.
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Why thank you, my friend. I'm sorry I couldn't figure out your Audino problem, but I did read somewhere that certain occurrences connected with the Audino training only affects Pokemon White, not Black.

I haven't really found many interesting things to focus on and I feel like I'm not doing enough to keep you guys satisfied.
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Your doing fine. I'm working on a creepypasta about PMD: REd REscue Team. It's got a Cubone in it. I <3 Velvet~
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:13 pm

On Red Rescue, I played as a Cubone named Tzipora, but the file was glitched up and couldn't save.

I was working on the end of a creepypasta, but I couldn't think of the first part of it Razz
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top