A Diamond Among Coals

Go down

A Diamond Among Coals

Post  Torchiclove on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:41 pm

This is an alternate ending to Frostclan II, where Rubypaw reveals her thirst for blood and is removed from Frostclan. Opalpaw joins her, along with Rivermist and Bearpelt. Stoneclaw, however, chooses to stay with Sparrowblaze who won't leave without Swiftfeather.

Prologue

"No! You can't do this!" A young she-cat yowled, trying not to rake her claw's against Darkstar's face.
"I'm sorry, Rubypaw, but I can't have you in my Clan anymore. You're too dangerous," The dark-pelted leader meowed sadly. "We enjoyed having you here, but you must leave."
"Fine! But this isn't the last you've seen of me. And never call me Rubypaw again. From this day until Starclan chooses otherwise, I shall be known as Rubyrain! I don't need you to choose my warrior name," Rubyrain hissed. "Good-bye, my so-called friends."
"Wait! I'm coming with you!" Opalpaw yowled over the chatter of the clanmates. "I can't just let you leave alone."
"I'll come too," Rivermist meowed.
"Not without me. You're the only family I have left, and I am not going to just watch you go," Bearpelt meowed. His mental state had gotten a lot better lately; he didn't even twitch uncontrollably anymore.
"Well, Darkstar? Lose me and you lose two fine warriors and a skilled apprentice. Anything to say?" Rubyrain taunted, acid dripping from her voice.
"May Starclan light your path; you're journey will be hard," Darkstar sighed, flicking his tail.
Rubyrain held her head high, tail in the air, as she walked away. Opalpaw, Rivermist, and Bearpelt followed behind her, trying not to look back at what was once their welcoming home.
"Could we go to Mossclan?" Rivermist asked.
"No. Darkstar would think us weak to refuge in another clan. We're leaving the clans. We're going to find another land, much better than this, where we will prosper," Rubyrain meowed, her voice steely.
She would never shed another tear for the clan that abondonded her.

Chapter 1

"Anything?" Rubyrain meowed.
"I got a mouse!" Bearpelt mewed excitedly.
"I've got a sparrow!" Rivermist's mew came from a distance.
"Have you got anything, Rubyrain?" Opalpaw asked, holding a vole in her jaws.
"Yeah, just a shrew. Not much." She sighed, gazing at the ribs visible beneath her sister's pelt. Prey was scarce where they traveled, and they spent all their energy looking for a new home.
"Oh, we'll never make it!" Rivermist wailed. "We're just gonna travel forever. There won't be any place like the forest!"
"NO! We will never return like sniveling cowards! The day I set paw back on Frostclan territory will be the day I am leader of a succesful clan!" Rubyrain hissed. "This is what you chose, and you're sticking with it. Now let's eat." With that, the four cats dug into their prey, watching the sun rise. "Come on, let's go," The flame-red she-cat meowed.
The four set of, heading west. They journeyed for days upon days, until one day...

Rubyrain trudged through the tall grass, panting. "We'll have to stop soon," She meowed. Opalpaw agreed by nodding her head while her sightless eyes scorched the moorland.
"What that, in the distance?" Rivermist meowed, pointing her tail towards a bright light that shone through the dark night sky.
"It looks like trees. Mabye...a forest?" Bearpelt mewed, staring in awe.
"It's a sign!" Rubyrain cried. "Come on, it's not that far off! We have to get there!" She yowled, bounding through the field of grass.
"Rubyrain! Wait!" Opalpaw yowled, following her sister. Rivermist and Bearpelt trailed behind her.
"No! There's no time for waiting! You have to trust me!" She yowled, disregarding her sister's protests.

Finally, the four came to a forest filled with trees. The trickle of water was close by.
"What is this place?" Rivermist asked.
"I don't know, but we have to stay," Rubyrain meowed, staring into the tree-tops. There must be plenty of prey around her....plenty of blood, right? she thought.

Suddenly, a dark shape emerged from a nearby bush. "What are you doing here?" It hissed, its voice deep.
"We're looking for a home. We were driven out of our old one. We don't mean any harm," Rubyrain meowed calmly. "Who are you? I am Rubyrain, and this is my sister, Opalpaw. Rivermist is our mother and Bearpelt is our grandfather."
"I am known by others as Ember, but I never knew my true name. I was too young to hear it when my parents were killed," Ember hissed, fur bristling. He was obviously itching for a battle.
"Who raised you?" Opalpaw asked, copying Rubyrain's calm act. Her fur was flat on her shoulders, and her sightless eyes showed sympathy for the large, dark-furred tom.
"I was raised by a family of other cats. They also live here. It's just my so-called parents and sister. They tried to make me believe I was their birth son, but I'm not stupid," Ember meowed, a little less hostile now.
"Will you take us to them? We promise not to hurt anybody, we just want to see," Rivermist mewed, tail flicking.
"Fine, if you wish. But do not expect a warm welcome or to be fed. My adoptive family does not take kindly to strangers."

Chapter 2

Ember led the four cats to an old badger set, a rather large one, too. "They live in there. They're all here right now," He spat, flicking his tail to an opening that led underground.
"I'll go in alone. They'll take les of a threat from one cat instead of four," Rubyrain meowed. She crawled itno the whole and found that it was quite roomy inside. It opened up to a cave-like structure where at least five cats could sit comfortably in. Immediaylu, hostility erupted from the three cats talking amongst themselves in a corner. One of them was a white tom with one orange spot over his eye and on his ear. The larger of the two females, who had to be the oldest, had a pelt like a field of gold. The other female, who had to be their daughter, was white with a golden tail and golden paws. No wonder Ember had known right away that these couldn't be his birth parents. While ember was strong and sturdily built, all three of these cats were slender with sleek muscles behind thin pelts. They had angular faces while Ember's was more rounded.
"Why are you here?"
"Get out now!"
"You've been warned!"
Hostile hisses came from the three bristling cats. Rubyrain forced herself to stay calm and let her fur lay flat. "I am Rubyrain. I found your son, Ember, and he said you live here. I would like to know....do you know what a Clan is?" She meowed calmly, but fear was rising in her tone.
"A C-Clan?" Asked the she-cat with a completely golden pelt. Something sparked in her eyes. "Yes, I've heard of a Clan..." She trailed off, lost in memory. The room became silent, and there was no more bristling. This must be serious.
"I used to be in a Clan called Frostclan. But they've exiled me for...Certain reasons. My sister, mother, and grandfather have come with me to find a new home. I'd like to know if you would help in the starting of a Clan. A Clan that takes in all those who've been driven away from their homes," She went on, confidence building as the three cats listened intently. "But before that, what are your names?"
The time, the tom spoke up. "I am Spot, and my mate is Gold. Our daughter is named Frost," He meowed.
"Oh, yes, I remember how thick the snow lay on the day she was born," Gold meowed nostalgicly.
"Alright, then, would you like to join....." Rubyrain meowed, suddenly aware that she hadn't even thought of naming her Clan. "Jewelclan?"
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Diamond Among Coals

Post  Torchiclove on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

Added a short chapter 2~
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Diamond Among Coals