FrostClan: A Dark Tomorrow

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FrostClan: A Dark Tomorrow

Post  Torchiclove on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:55 am

(Sorry, but Soulthunder is sounding like a real asshole at the moment. I had to block this part out- can't have you spoiling the surprise now, can we? XD ~ Mew
Uh goddamn leaderness ruined Veiledmist's perfect name uguu.)

Veiledstar paced in front of his den, turning his head to look at the patrol leaving for the Boulderclan border. He'd sent them not just to patrol, but to watch over the huntresses that he knew liked to hunt in the area, if there were any. The Clan needed all the she-cats it could spare to feed the hungry mouths of warriors and, when the time came, Deltaphase would need to be well nourished so that her kits grew stong. He felt a twinge of sadness at the thought of the she-cat bearing a dead tom's kit, but he quickly pushed it away. If being a leader was his destiny, he needed to abide by the Clan's age-old rule until he himself believed them with heart and soul. It's only a matter of time, Veiledmist, he said to himself, still referring to his own person with his warrior name, You know you can't change anything. You just have to believe in it.
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Miasmapaw growled as she romped into the clearing, the limp bodies of two voles held clamped tightly in her jaws as her sister carried a clutch of feathered pieces of prey beside her. The dark she-cat dropped her catch at the pile who's numbers of bodies were dwindling fiercely, and watched as Bluepaw continued towards the line of dens. Hmpf. She's probably delivering her prey to that pervert she calls her future mate. Turning away, she padded towards the Apprentice's den rather than Emeraldeye's and disappeared inside, her odd tail curling with annoyance.

Bluepaw carefully weaved through the few bodies of cats that were laying out in the sun and padded into the medicine cat's den. With a smile, she dropped one of the bird- a pigeon- and nodded to the tabby tom before backing out and turning her gaze towards the nursery. I've got three more. I'll bring one to Deltaphase, then the other two to Veiledstar and Shadowcore. With a slight tilt of her head, she hurried clumsily into the den that scented faintly of warm milk and she stopped to chat with the somber queen for a moment.

"Yes, Bluepaw, I'm doing fine. Quite well, actually." Deltaphase blushed as she pulled one of the bird closer to her body with an outstretched paw. "And thank you for the raven."

Bluepaw smiled and nodded. "I can't really tell if its a raven or a blackbird- but I do know that both taste better than a crow, so...well...." Unable to finish her thought, the smaller she-cat smiled and glanced at the queen's belly. "You're not very big yet, are you?"

The speckled queen chuckled softly and mused in a small coo,"Actually, I'm about half way along. But I'm assuming that I'll be having only a few kits who probably got the same genes that Shadderscream did." She gave a small giggle with the blue and amber apprentice before flicking her tail in farewell and watched Bluepaw picked up her last pieces of kill and pad out.

(I think I'll be starting the Breezeclan stuff soon.)
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:36 pm

(Yippie.)

Shadowcore stretched out his paw, scratching an imaginary enemy like a she-cat hooking a fish from the river. He squirmed in his nest, eyes half-closed. He was still tired from doing the morning patrol-or perhaps he was just lazy. It was most likely the latter. A sudden sense of diconent came over him as he flickered into conciousness, realizing that his belly rumbled with an uncomfortable hunger. He knew in the back of his mind that he simply would not find sleep with eating a piece of prey, even though what the huntresses had been bringing in was less than satisfactory. No matter. I'll be Bluepaw is out there, just waiting for me to instruct her. He began to rise slowly from his nest, mouth opening and tongue curling in a yawn.
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:19 pm

"Shadowcore!" The small she-cat bounced into the warriors den and stopped in front of the lazy, groggy tom who was busy yawning, the blue apprentice smiling through the puffy feathers covering her lower face. "I'm so glad I caught you in time!! I just knew you'd be hungry and I can't have that! What kind of she-cat would I be if I can't keep my mate's belly full and satisfied?!" She dropped the largest of her two pieces- a grand sparrow- and quickly rubbed her cheek against one of his legs before backing up. "And now to bring this to Veildstar. Please, eat up. I can go get more if you need." Padding out of the den without waiting for a reply, Bluepaw hurried towards the leader's den. It had been almost two moons since her ceremony and she had gained enough confidence in herself to begin referring to herself as Shadowcore's future mate, stating it proudly to herself and others without the tom's consent. But of course,she told herself, he must feel the same way. That look in his eyes he always gives me- I know it will happen some day! He's just waiting for me to mature a bit before claiming me because he's the type of warrior to follow the code! Heheh I bet he'll announce it on my next ceremony! Giggling cheekily to herself, she waved her tail to Blackpaw as he padded up beside him, the two young siblings both heading into the leader's den.
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:12 pm

"Hm?" Shadowcore had really only processed half of what Bluepaw was saying. He took a greedy bite from the sparrow, savoring the rich taste of the prey-it was exceptional for leaf-bare. What was that about a mate? Oh, yeah, after I get done with Featherfreeze I get to have Bluepaw, too...More healthy kits for the Clan.... He smiled, the fur around his maw stained red with the sparrow's blood. Ever since kithood, he'd liked little Bluepaw for her obediance as a she-cat. But, damn, is she stupid!
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Bluepaw squeezed past her brother and stopped in front of Veiledstar, dropping a magpie before the leader's paw. "Veiledstar, leader sir, as the Leafbare season is nearing its end, the birds are beginning to flock back! Isn't that great?!" She then glanced behind her, seeing her brother's dark fur as he stood patiently outside the den- something that he had been working on lately....patience. "Oh, and Blackpaw's looking for you, sir!"
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:59 pm

"Oh, thank you for the prey, Bluepaw. I'll have Blackpaw come in right now," Veiledstar mewed, dipping his head in thanks. He picked up the magpie and put it down beside his nest, then turned towards the entrance to his den. "Blackpaw, come on in," he called, sitting down on the earthen floor. He found himself to seem taller than before; as if, as a leader, he was suddenly higher in stature and not only in rank. He began to pluck black feathers from his prey as he waited for Blackpaw.
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Blackpaw smiled to the only siblings younger than him as Bluepaw padded out past him. "Heya, Veiledy! How's it going?" He cheekily grinned and chuckled. Opening his eyes as they had been closed before, the smile on Blackpaw's face receded and was replaced with a frown as he noticed the leader's poise change in stature and muttered,"Oh. So its gonna be that way, huh? Whatever....Anyways, I was wondering when you'd be taking me out for battle training." We've only sparred maybe two times my entire apprenticehood so far....I mean, I know he's the leader an all, but seriously!! Its like he doesn't want me to learn anything new!! Doesn't want me to get any better at fighting.... He gave a troubled look and snorted. "Come on, I'm your apprentice, aren't I?"
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:43 pm

"Yes, yes, of course, Blackpaw. You seem quite eager to learn, so how about I take you out now? I'm sure you wouldn't mind sparring Sourpaw," Veiledstar missed, feeling a twinge of guilt at the fact that he had slightly neglected Blackpaw's training. He was also a little offended by the tom's casual and somewhat rude manner of speaking.
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Blackpaw's eyes were an ivy fire, a frightening grin on his face. "Yeah....." he murmured in that dark tone he used whenver he got that special kind of excitement. "Yeah....I think that'll do just nicely. It feels like its been forever since I've showed off my skill to that lousy brother of mine....heh heheh..."
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:06 pm

(okay, here we go)

Days go by, cats live and die. Live and die, live and die...

And for what? What is there to be lived for? Why do we do this....

Because we care for each other...

Blueshard shook his head. It seemed that lately more and more memories of his dreaded past continued to resurface. Scouring and scourging him, haunting him, stalking him like dog bent on destroying its prey.

live and die....

He started, opening his eyes to find himself inside his nest. This was the fourth time in the past two days. These dreams were becoming an alarming regularity. The howls and cries of his former clan turning in upon itself. He staggered to his paws, sleep still trying to grip him, trying to return him for more vengeful nightmares.

He wouldn't, couldn't do it now.

How can he rid himself of this, he asked himself. Padding from the den, he looked up to the sky. All in his life, he had been close to starclan. He knew many of the cats in the heavenly clan personally. Much of his heart lay now in those stars, broken pieces that had scared him for life and longer. Now, looking up there, Starclan seemed so far away. It used to be that he could almost just reach his paws out and touch the very stars themselves. Now it felt as though he could climb forever and not even come a tail-length closer. He felt so alone. so lost. Relapse. Collapse. What was the difference, he was experiencing it.
ShadowSL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:31 pm

(I was feeling pretty good about myself. I was able to send out a 19-member attack fleet to Mew's homeland with defense to spare. Animal Crossing: City Folk will be delivered to my house soon. I started working on a book I hope to write.
But then ShadowSL comes along and does that awesome post and I'm just like uguu why can't I do something like that must RP now.)

"If you don't mind, I would like you to find your brother and tell him to meet us at the training hollow. I hope you two will have fun with your little display of skills," Veiledstar mewed, silently dismissing his apprentice with a flick of his tail. He was deeply worried about the cat-the tone of voice that crept about him when talk of fighting his own kin was frightening to say the least. It was only a matter of time before the tom became truly dangerous.
But what could Veiledstar do? Stunt his training and be called unloyal, a betrayer of Frostclan? There was no way he could prevent Blackpaw from becoming a warrior with the skills he possessed, not unless he wanted to be rebelled against by his clanmates. Whispers spread fast in the Clan, from ear to ear until every kit and elder knew what was trying to be hidden. What I am to do? Perhaps I should consult with Relicheart-curse the cruel sands of time, he should've been leader!

Emeraldeye lay in his nest, curled in a sleeping position with his eyes wide open. Murmurs and mutters from the warrior ancestors had plagued his sleep for days on end. In his days as a medicine cat, he'd met many a spirit-angered or trainquiled, hostile or passive. He'd sworn to Epicstep at one half-moon meeting that he'd seen the mighty Icestar slinking about it the ground of Starclan. Strangely enough, the snow-white spirit seemed to be carefree.
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Quartzprickle practically dragged herself back to camp, her eyes that usually shimmered with annoyance and defiance were now dim, as they had been for some times- blank, lifeless, and sad. Her fur, though still prickled, was not bristled with her constant energy and her large snowy paws were tainted with soil and ivy, caught under her claws. She sighed and collapsed next to the fresh kill pile that was seemed to grow in size since she had last seen it and she gave a weary smile. Her girls, even though some where not being watched over by the hunter goddess and spirits, were still accomplishing their duties just as they should. Following their fates... she though while gently resting the side of her head on the ground. For almost a split second, there was a sliver of light that reflected from her eyes- a glimmer of pride and hope- and after the swift moment, it disappeared as her eyelids shut and the rhythmic rise and fall of chest seemed to grown slow and her breathing heavy, her tail slowly twitching for a brief moment.

~

Miasmapaw swiped angrily at the moss making up her nest and groaned. When, with a flash of her eyes, making sure no one was nearby, she gave a cunning grin and pushed a few stones at the back of her den away and pushed through, reaching the thick of the forest that was behind the camp. After moving them back, she hurried away to she secret space- a place no one would think to look for her at.

She sighed with relief as the scene of the old, rotting tree with a claw jutting out still stood. She gazed carefully at the claw that marked her hiding place and smiled softly. The blood once staining it was washed free from it many long years ago, but hadn't completely left. The claw was now black, but the bark beneath it was stained red from where the blood had run down if from the rain and filled the long, angry gashes scarring the tree. The smoggy apprentice carefully wiggled through the tall grass and squeezed into the largest dens that hadn't collapsed beneath the dying trees and she gave an excited yelp. "Yes!! My darlings- you've grown! In a moon or two, you'll be out of those new pupae of yours and be beautiful creatures. I hope you've feasted to your hearts' desires....that was the finest honey and Nightshade I've ever collected..."
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Blueshard's eyes only traced partially, darting around the camp. Quartzprickle had just arrived. No.

He couldn't tell her of this... But he felt like he had to tell someone, or die from his own memories....

Damn, that'd be a horrible way to go.

He shook his head. He needed air. He needed a friend. He needed to pull himself together.

It's in times when he is most down that he realizes that he manages to dig deep and pull himself out. This time would be no different. A surge of energy seemed to strike through him, his sorrowful eyes turned back into their persistent glance. Those eyes had seen much, but he still had much more to do. He stretched, padding over to the fresh kill pile. It almost was hard for him to take prey from it. He didn't feel like he had earned it.

Laws of the old ways. He thought. He looked to Quartzprickle, who almost appeared to be sleeping. His heart wrenched, yet he did his best not to show it, gently taking a small mouse from the pile. It was all he would eat for now.
ShadowSL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Veiledstar slipped from his den, out into the bitter air-but it was slowly getting warmer. The snow seemed less thick today. He had finished his magpie; he had already buried the feathers and bones, careful to make sure none were stuck to his paws or face. Quartzprickle was by the fresh-kill pile, he noticed. She seemed to be...napping? Such a strange thing. She hasn't seemed to be feeling well lately; I sure hope she doesn't catch anything. We need out huntresses. He cringed a little at the last thought-already his mind was warping. Everything was about the Clan for that moment, and soon he would think like that all the time. He silently cursed his adaptable concious. His mind had always seemed somewhat flexible. The loss of a father? He found himself not needing a figure: he made a figure of himself. Never knowing his mother? He scorned the caring love of milk-givers and instead prided himself for not condemning another she-cat to a life of queen-hood. They'd run away together-happy, he believed. Now his mind was adapting to the pressure of being leader.
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 pm

"V....V-Veiledstar...? Is that......you....?" Quartzprickle's breathing picked up back to its normal rate as she struggled to lift her head, blinking her eyes which seemed fairly sensitive to the sun in her frail condition. "I.....I'm sorry, but it seems I co......couldn't find anything again today....." Her tone lowered to a fairly depressing level and she weakly chuckled with a strained attempt to cheer herself up,"At least the others.....seem to have had a better day..." She tightly coiled her thick tail around her belly and shakily got to her paws, yawning. She then gave the fresh kill pile a longing look, then moved her gaze to the leader, and finally, she dipped her head in defeat and began trudging away, her belly grumbling with a desperate cry for the food that she had denied it.

Shadderscream came trotting back into camp with Relicheart and Sourpaw, walking at the front of the patrol as he was the leader of it and he proudly showed it, his strong posture and level gaze defining him and proving that he had grown up quite a bit from the scrawny, lazy kit he had once been. Starclan-blessed, the tom had now grown to be large than Featherfreeze, practically matching Shadowcore in size, but with quicker and more springy feet. He nodded to the two toms following him as he noticed Blackpaw heading over to them, dismissing the elder and his apprentice. Then, turning the grey tabby, the young, yet seasoned warrior readied himself to report back to the leader.
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Blueshard had carried the mouse over to the side wall near the back of the camp, devouring it in a couple gulps. His eyes began to scan the clearing now. Quartzprickle seemed so frail. Something was wrong with her, but ever since that day, Blueshard had been afraid to even go near the she-cat. He held his face motionless as he noticed Shadderscream padding in with his patrol. The young warrior was a cat to be envied. He was big, yet he was also agile, traits that not many cats had, and fewer still had master of. In that moment, Blueshard realized his own age. By his counts, he had experienced leaf-bare twelve times. It somewhat bit at him now that he thought about it. He was getting old. He laughed softly at that, remembering his former clan leader, Dewstar, who had made it through 20 leaf-bares before her time came to join Starclan's ranks. He shrugged. Perhaps that could have something to do with his memories. Ha. Unlikely. Blueshard knew he had a few more seasons within him before he would have to give it up.
ShadowSL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 pm

(Blueshard's clan must have really long lives. My cat is 12 and she can barely stay awake for an hour. The oldest cat in the warriors book was 10, I remember. Had been an elder for a year or two.)

Veiledstar's spirits plummeted. He had never seen that she-cat looking so...so pitiful. It was hard to bear, such a sight. [I]I must alert Emeraldeye at once. [I] he headed to the den.

(Screw Kindle typing.)
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:14 pm

(.......This RP isn't exactly similar to the books in realism....)

Shadderscream blinked silently at Quartzprickle for a moment as he stood beside the leader. "Errr, Veiledstar, the information my patrol have acquired is dire for you to hear as soon as possible, but I can wait for you to report her state to Emeraldeye before doing so....If you'd like."

Blackpaw nodded to his brother and his brother's mentor before turning away, the three stopping to watch Veiledstar from afar as the leader merely stood by the fresh kill pile, speaking to the dark warrior. "He did say for me to wait at the training grounds, so..." He looked up at Relicheart with his dark green eyes and smiled and the elder tom nodded and began making his way to the camp's entrance, flanked by the smaller golden cat who looked a little down for not being able check up on Deltaphase before heading to train.
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:22 pm

(this is true, but since Rockclan was a fairly peaceful clan in terms of most of the clans go, they fought very little which allowed the cats to stay strong, even through leaf-bare. That mean't that most of the cats in the clan could live from between 13-18 easily, Dewstar lived to 20 just because she was leader)
ShadowSL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:51 am

(Good reason-I'll believe it. Sorry for my automatic criticism, but age is something that immensely annoys me. I almost always question age, I have to admit. Blue is 12 and Quartz is two or three(depending on the time passed in the RP) That's pervy! )

"No, I would like a quick briefing first. Tell me the most important news and then I'll have you report to Emeraldeye. Make sure to mention that I haven't seen Quartzprickle eating or hunting well. I must be quick; I promised Blackpaw some training." Veiledstar sighed and flicked his tail. What could be happening now that's so important?
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Shatterscream gave a worried look and nodded. "Well, you see Veiledstar, there's been some activity within the other clans and its beginning to make me a bit nervous. You see, Bonetail of Boulderclan and his patrol had run into our patrol along the border, but instead of attacking us or attempting to ward us off, they.......they gave us a warning that there have been sightings of large groups of cats with foreign scents wandering very close to their borders and inching towards our own. I also heard that they aren't aiming to attack straightforward, but Bonetail mentioned that Onyxpebble had lead a squad to inspect them and they are aggressive." The dark warrior's gaze staggered to the ground for a moment before looking back up. "Boulderclan believes that maybe the Resistance isn't holding up to its side of the bargain and that the alley cats working against them are rallying up and planning to take the forest. Of course, that's just a wild assumption, but Bonetail says that Boulderclan is a bit shaken up by the fact that three of their clanmates are all out of commission due to injuries- one being Pinkiepaw." He chocked down on his breath and blubbered in a rushed, cracked voice,"I know she isn't a clanmate anymore, but I still can't help but worry for her and our own clan's safety! This is an enemy that not only we, but all the other clans, are blind to!" His heart dropped and he felt intensely sick by finally draining the news to the leader.
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:41 pm

(Yeah that's something I didn't think about. The idea is that I'll need to introduce a new character soon. All things considered, I've actually been rping Blueshard for going on.... 5 years now? He's an old cat lolz. But all good things must come to an end, and his time as being rped by me is drawing to a close.)

Blueshard blinked, looking over at the new leader and Shadderscream. Something wasn't right... no.. something was very very wrong. Curiosity burned in his mind as to what the problem could be. It couldn't be anything minor, such as one of the patrol tore out a claw or something, such a minor thing would not provoke the almost desperate look in Shadderscream's eyes. No this was something much worse than that. Maybe Boulderclan was up to their own antics? Nah, Blueshard knew well enough that even if that were the case, even that wouldn't provoke such a reaction. Whatever was on Shadderscream's mind, it was something that Blueshard didn't know about. He pulled himself to his paws and padded closer, seeing if he could gather in parts of the conversation.
ShadowSL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:09 pm

(Does that mean you'll be killing off Blueshard?! 0_0)

Deltaphase peered at her brother and the leader through the entrance of the Nursery, the scent of her brother's distress filling her scent glands, making her feel sick. With a small moan, the newly swelling-bellied queen stood up and padded slowly out of the den and waddled over to the pair of toms. "Your scents....their fearful feel makes my kits upset...."
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 am

(Soon, and believe me, I hate to say it, but soon yes. I've done about as much with him as I can do, and he's been through enough as a character as it is that I feel it's time he finally made his way home to starclan)
ShadowSL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top