A Warrior Tribute: The Bitter Frost among the Fire ~TBU~

Go down

A Warrior Tribute: The Bitter Frost among the Fire ~TBU~

Post  MewMew100 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:03 pm

The sorrowful story of a most unusually brutal cat.......

The Bitter Frost among the Fire

Prologue:

As the forest rumbled, lightning crackled overhead and black clouds engulfed the sky. The white she-cat's green eyes glowed in the harsh darkness. She growled, her voice was deep and painful. "I'll be damned if I'll let you take them away from me!" A huge black tom with large fiery gold eyes and ashy grey paws loomed over the white she-cat. "You shall not speak to me in such a way! I am a warrior and you are a mere loner!! I will take my kits back to my clan!!" The she-cat wrapped her thin tail around the two kits who suckled at her belly. One looked just like her mother, white with sharp green eyes. The other was a light misty gray with green eyes. The queen's eyes burned with anger and fear. "B-but Nightburn.....they're my kits too!!" Nightburn slashed the she-cat's side, crimson blood flowed from her flank as the large tom plucked the kits from her side. He bounded away from the tree hallow where the she-cat lay, muttering to the kit with his deep, throaty voice. "Dear little ladies, you shall be lovely warriors of the grandest clan below the stars.....Flameclan!" The queen whined, unable to move from where she bled in the darkness, a small glimmer of light filled the small space. Dawn is approaching......

Chapter 1:

Sunlight poured in the den and the two small kits scuffled around, leaping out of the nest. Yawning, a light tan cat with black dapples running along her back rested her amber gaze on the two waking kits and mewed,"Morning little ones. You may play outside, just don't wake the warriors, kay?" The sisters nodded and meowed,"No problem Pepperpelt!" Their green eyes glittered as they dashed out of the nursery. The little gray kit slammed into a small white cat who was gingerly licking his paw next to a fat mouse. "Oohh! Sorry Cherrypaw!" squeaked the gray she-kit and she bounced back to her sister, who was staring at the tom. Cherrypaw's red eyes glimmered and he meowed,"Oh its ok, Echokit. Hey, you and Icekit want to share this fat mouse with me?! I heard Flamestar killed it with a swift swipe of his paw!" Icekit squealed and the two kit leaped forward, burying their muzzles into the brown fur. As the three ate, Icekit's mind filled with a cloudy thought. I wonder why his eyes are so red?! That must be where his name comes from huh? I wonder if since Pepperpelt nursed him as a kit, does it make him my brother?! Oh look! It Honepaw, his brother. He's returning from a patrol!" She jumped up and dashed over to the small dark tabby who was standing by a young shadowy gray tom with startling violet eyes. "Hey Honepaw!! Hey Shadewind!!! What's up?!" The tabby's amber gaze shifted over to her, locking with her curious green eyes. "Nothing good...Another Frostclan scent was found on our side of the border....."

Chapter 2:

Icekit had followed the large tabby cat over to where a large black tom with huge ashy grey paws and gold eyes stood. The deputy. Our father. Nightburn. She walked up to where Cherrypaw and Honepaw sat with their mentors. Nightburn muttered something into his apprentice's ear and Cherrypaw nodded, leaping up and dashing off. The large black deputy smiled as he rested his gaze on his oldest daughter. "Why, Icekit. What is it, little one?" His voice was sweet though she knew how brutal her father could be in battle. Icekit walked up to him and rubbed against his leg. "Daddy, are you going to leave again?! It's not fair!! Me and Echokit never get to see you!!!" Nightburn licked her head and mewed,"You have your mother, Pepperpelt. She cares much for you, you know that, right?" Icekit nodded and sighed. "Alright Daddy...." She padded away, her tail drooping. Echokit bounced onto her sister, mewing,"So.....what's up with Daddy?!" Icekit's eyes lit up and she meowed,"I'm gonna follow him to Frostclan!" A devilish grin sprawling onto her face. Echokit's jaw dropped and she hissed,"You wouldn't!! Icekit!! Listen to me before I tell Momma!!" Icekit had already bounded off in the direction where her father's patrol had left toward Frostclan's camp. Out in the forest, familiar cents filled her head, causing memories to try and push their way into her head. Another dizzy spell was beginning again. Oh, not again..... she thought, her paws becoming unsteady.

Chapter 3:

Icekit shook her head, ignoring the warning dizziness in her head as she raced after her clanmates into enemy territory. The place stunk of something that she guessed was Frostclan. She slowed her pace as the cats met up with another patrol who exchanged harsh glances and cruel words. In the end, the new patrol showed the Flameclan cats to their camp, Icekit followed silently. Nightburn stopped in front of Icestar, his words were hard and warning. "Icestar, there has been sightings of rohues on your territory. The only reason I worry is that it is very close to our borders." Icestar dipped his head as he mewed,"I know you are worrying for your kits.....Come and speak with me in my den." The two walked away into a den and Icestar scaled the outskirts of the camp, sneaking through a dense bramble bush to listen to the conversation. Icestar began. "I know how you feel about rogues.....certainly after what happened between you and that...loner, but it is not Frostclan's job to worry about kits of halfclan blood." Nightburn's eyes were filled with raging sorrow. "I-its just that...Flameclan isn't welcome to halfclan cats and Frostclan is...Could Icekit and Echokit stay here, in Frostclan? I just want them to be safe....from the secret." Icekit couldn't believe her ears. What was her father saying?! Halfclan blood?!? But she was Pepperpelt's kit! She froze, her mind filled with rage. She had never seen her father with Pepperpelt alone. Where they not mates?! Could her mother truly be a loner? Was Nightburn even her father?! She didn't want ot think of it as she spun around and raced off toward her own territory. No! I will not live in Frostclan! I am a Flameclan cat through and through. Nothing can change that! Not even blood. She began to chuckle to herself. Yes! That's it! I will become the best warrior any cat has ever seen. Even stronger and more respected that Nightburn.....I will be FEARED! Beware, cats of all clans! The Bitter Cold has rose and will not die out without a fight! Too many lies....too many secrets....too much has been kept from me! Who am I....and what is my purpose in life......I am Icekit, warrior of Flameclan!!!!
~TBU~

Last edited by MewMew100 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 8 times in total
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Warrior Tribute: The Bitter Frost among the Fire ~TBU~

Post  Torchiclove on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:23 pm

I like it! It is kindda sad though *idea* you gave me idea for my other clan *goes to make rogue*
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:57 pm

0_0

I can see where this is going.

SUSPENSE. KEEP GOING OR I WILL CHANGE YOUR HUMOR! Though I'll probably do that anyway...
Green Hornet
Admin

View user profile http://frostclanlegacy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:58 pm

You can, huh? Then PM me what you think is happening XD
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Now I see... I know who everybody is now and I know why Icefern is so.. Flameclan-y.
Torchiclove
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:09 pm

What will they think when they realize that Flamestar was a loner, brother of Swiftpath?
Green Hornet
Admin

View user profile http://frostclanlegacy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Don't know. They don't figure it out in this story....but there will be quite a twist.....THAT SHALL BE REVEALED IN THE RP!!!! XD
MewMew100
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down