Frostclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wild Beckons.

3 posters

Go down

The Wild Beckons. Empty The Wild Beckons.

Post  ShadowSL Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 pm

The idea behind this lies in the fact of the Warriors series mixed with my own idea. This is only the beginning and I want to see what you guys think. So message me with what you think and I hope to hear from you all Smile

The Wild Beckons

Prologue

The sun was setting fast from its perch in the sky, flashing the land in hues of scarlet and violet. Meanwhile, a single human was walking up Banks Street towards the only house on the left side of the road. He was silent both in walk and in his words. However, his senses were fully alive with thoughts and other feelings, one of which that he was being watched. He always had this feeling along this particular stretch of the road. It wasn't like the other stretch however, the other stretch he had the same feeling, but that was different.
He looked to his left. The woods were dense, thick with overgrowth of vines, brambles and pines so closely arranged that to tell them apart was impossible. To him, the shadows of the trees were disturbed by the shadows of other animals. Their eyes pierced him with an almost hated gaze. He recognized this and they knew he did. Nonetheless, he walked on back to the house where he lived. The sun by now had dropped below the tree-filled horizon as he opened the door and walked into his house.
Inside he saw his parents in the living room watching the t.v. He gave them a nod as he walked to his room which faced the street. He opened his top dresser door and pulled out a small notebook. In silence, he opened it to the first fresh page, by-passing the pages already used. He walked back across his room and sat upon his bed and gazed at the page as he gathered in his thoughts.
Setting pen to paper, he began placing his thoughts upon paper.
January 9, 2012.
My thoughts upon the woods remain unchanged. If anything, they have been compounded by the numerous feelings I get as if I'm being watched. There are hostile gazes, but also curious ones as well I have noticed. The lonely stretch between Michael's house of the A-frame and mine appears to be the worst. I theorize about these woods. There are strange things about, a wild unlike any other I have observed exists in my own backyard. However, my theories have a basis in which most people would call fiction. These theories are also backed up by my cat's actions on individual nights. I've narrowed these nights down to just two in particular. The night of the full moon as well as the third quarter moon appear to be the two big nights.
I've noticed that this very much agrees with a series I've been reading for a while now. This series, Warriors, seems to depict these theories very well and I must say much of what I believe has come from them. I have drawn a map that I believe represents this. Nonetheless, my work continues.
Most people would consider me bizarre, silent and uninterested. I stay alone at school and at home except for Michael and Chris, but I have no need for friends. There is wildness about me that I really don't understand, but yet I feel closer to than any other person I know.

The twoleg knew he was there when he walked by. The tom had no doubt of this, but there was something different about this one. He wasn't as mouse-brained as the others. The tom had been observing him for moons now and he couldn't explain it. As he watched the twoleg go by, it turned and looked straight at him. It gave a sigh, then turned away toward Shadowclan's borders. The blue colored cat turned away and headed back towards his camp, the observance today was over.
He arrived back at camp at moon-high. The camp was empty except for a large tabby warrior keeping guard. Blueshard nodded to him. "Everything going well Eagleclaw?" he meowed.
"As well as it can Blueshard. Dewstar is waiting for you inside." The tabby tom spoke evenly, giving away nothing.
Blueshard entered the tunnel and padded into the darkened camp. He could see his leader at the other side of the camp, and padded over to her, a slight trace of dread coming over him.
"You're out late Blueshard." She murmured, not looking at her former apprentice.
The blue tom sat down beside her and bowed his head s he mewed his reply. "I'm sorry Dewstar."
"Don't be sorry for me Blueshard; remember Baywater is your mate. She's the one you need to apologize for, but while you're here, what have you been up to Blueshard?"
Blueshard cringed. He hadn't told his leader what he had been doing these past few days while his observations were underway. He thought about lying for now, just to save himself, but he knew it would be no good. Dewstar knew him too well to know when he was lying and when he wasn't. He knew he couldn't lie to her. She had been, and in a way still was his mentor. Even more, for a long time when he first came to the clan, she was his best friend and they had shared everything together. He sighed as he responded, knowing how silly it would sound if he didn't choose his words carefully.
"Well, you may think me mouse-brained for it," he said, gaining his confidence as well as his words, "but I have been watching the twolegs Dewstar, one in particular actually."
"What do you find so interesting about them?" she asked before continuing. "they're all mouse-brained."
Blueshard shook his head. "Something is different about the one I've been following. He doesn't do all of the normal mouse-brained stuff that the twolegs do. He keeps to himself unlike the others and he seems to have an uncanny ability to detect when cats are around." He sighed. "I wouldn't have been truthful if it were any other cat than you Dewstar."
She flicked her ears, smiling that the tom had so much trust in her, but she knew she couldn't help him here. "Perhaps you should consult your son, Brokenpaw, or Rockheart about this. They might have more answers to this than I can give you."
With that, she gave him a flick of her tail. "but if you think there is something different about this twoleg, I have no choice but to believe you Blueshard." She bowed her head to him and bade him goodnight before retiring to her den.
Blueshard looked to the medicine cat den after she left and thought about taking her advice, but then he thought it could wait till the next day and decided against it. Weariness crashed down upon him then and he found his paws taking him slowly over to the warriors den. He quietly and as easily as he could, padded over to his nest beside his mate, Baywater, and he settled down quietly into his nest.
Her bright blue eyes opened up at him as her soft smile seemed to light up the den. Blueshard purred and touched noses with her softly before she softly rolled herself over to his nest and lay beside him. He felt reassured by the soft touch of her pelt to his and soon they both feel asleep softly breathing in each other's scent.
Back in the human house, Andrew was laying half awake in his bed. The alarm clock on the nightstand beside him read 12:34. He stared up at the ceiling and closed his eyes for a few moments. When he reopened them, he was surrounded by loud yowls and shrieks of cats and some other animal he couldn't quite make out. Then he spotted a pure white queen who was about to give birth. She had a couple other cats around her appearing to be trying to help her give birth. To his horror, he noticed that the den they were in was under attack from what appeared to be a dog, but after a second look, he recognized a coyote.
As he sprang to defend her from this particular coyote, the vision faded until there was a single solitary cat left. Andrew was amazed to find the cat had stars in her pelt. She padded majestically towards him, but Andrew felt he had nothing but respect for this cat. He bowed his head in a gesture of respect and peace, although he wasn't exactly sure how he knew to do this.
"Peace." The she-cat mewed. Andrew's mind was blown when the cat spoke to him. Dream or not, this wasn't something he experienced every day, but he wasn't going to act surprised. He had had dreams such as this before, but somehow, this time it was different.
The she-cat stepped closer and he kneeled down. Though she tried to her best not to show it, he could tell he had offended her by doing so. Her golden pelt with black and brown specks had ruffled a little and he nodded, standing back up, but it was her deep amber gaze that pierced his skin. I really don't want to tick this cat off he told himself. She raised her tail, a gesture for him to be silent; however her voice seemed to have many voices behind it when she spoke.
"Times have changed the woods for good; that is understood. Enemies become allies, Allies become enemies. The clans must survive and you must help them thrive. The cat within cannot live until the human outside dies."

He blinked, his shock at these words left his mouth in gasps. The idea of what was being said sent shivers down his spine. Then he remembered it was all a dream and he blinked his eyes shut. He reopened them to find himself back in his bedroom. The clock now read 12:57. Andrew was sure that this was just a dream, but he couldn't shake off the sense that this was something much more different and dangerous than any ordinary dream.

Chapter 1

The Frost glittered among the small blades of grass as Hiddenpaw followed his mentor from the Starpool. He was anxious to share what he had learned with the medicine cat. Both he and Rockheart said goodbye to Willowfoot, the Shadowclan medicine cat, as they headed for Rockclan. Rockheart looked over to his apprentice.
“Something is troubling you.” The older tom mewed, and Hiddenpaw looked up at him.
“Well, y-yes,” he stammered, catching himself there he began. “I actually do have something I need to talk to you about from a few moments ago.”
The older tom nodded, as if he already knew. “Walk with me.”
The mentor and his apprentice began to pad by themselves towards the clan. “So what is it you wish to tell me Hiddenpaw?”
Hiddenpaw didn’t look up when he began to speak. “Well, it’s about my dream. I’m not sure if Starclan want me to share it though.”
Quickly, his mentor mewed. “Did they ask you not to share it?”
Hiddenpaw shook his head. “No, I don’t believe they did.”
Rockheart nodded, “well that’s your answer. They must will it to be shared; else they would have said not to share it.”
Hiddenpaw glanced over to his mentor, but with his unseeing eyes, he couldn’t catch a reassuring glance from his mentor. “I remember it well,” Hiddenpaw began again, “After you left my dream to help introduce me to Starclan, I had a new cat I didn’t recognize come up to me.” He stopped, sensing his mentor tense a little bit.
“Well, were you able to see this cat, and if so, how did he or she look like?” He asked this, but he was already sure he knew which cat it was that had come to his apprentice’s dream.
“She said her name was Leopardshadow.” Hiddenpaw replied, not noticing Rockheart’s body relax a little at that.
“Go on.” Rockheart mewed, wondering why she would have a reason to walk in Hiddenpaw’s dreams.
Hiddenpaw nodded and continued again. “Well, it was strange really. She spoke to me and told me that something that has never occurred before is coming to this forest. Then her voice began to sound as if every cat I’d ever known was speaking. I remember their exact words, The Cat inside cannot live, until the twoleg outside shall die. The fate of your clan lives upon snow leopard’s wings.”
Rockheart looked blankly at his apprentice. “That makes absolutely no sense, but you haven’t been wrong before Hiddenpaw.”
“There’s always a first for everything Rockheart.” The brown colored tom replied. “It all depends on how and when it comes.”
Rockheart looked at his apprentice and smiled. “You’re young Hiddenpaw, but even with your blindness, you seem to be able to see more than any of us. If Starclan have spoken this, it must be so, our clan lies in snow leopard’s wings.”
Blueshard was surprised to see the two medicine cats coming back so late. It was almost sunhigh when Rockheart and Hiddenpaw returned. They both seemed exhausted, but Blueshard wanted a word with them before they began to nap from their long night.
He flicked his ears as he heard the kits in the nurcery playing. It awakened a new feeling inside of him, a sense of longing, but also forgotten memories, some of which he wished to forget. It had been many moons since his first mate, Flowerfall, had died while giving birth to his kits. Somehow, he still couldn’t shake off the feeling of betraying her by taking Baywater as his new mate. His kits had survived and were now apprentices, and Flowerfall had assured him that he should move on with Baywater. He thought about his kits, Emberpaw, Daisypaw, Winterpaw and Hiddenpaw. Even with what everyone else told him, he still didn’t feel as if he had been a very good father to his kits and he wanted to try again at being a father.
That day would come he thought as he padded towards the medicine cat den. Baywater and Blueshard had already talked of having kits someday and soon he thought. He peaked inside and saw Rockheart already asleep in his nest and Hiddenpaw was settling down. The apprentice looked up at the sound of paw steps entering the den, getting a little anxious until he scented that it was his father.
“What can I do for you, dad?” the tom asked, getting back up and padding wearily over to the blue tom.
“Have you had any signs or dreams about a twoleg Hiddenpaw?” he asked, but he knew the chances of getting an answer were slim.
The medicine cat blindly looked back to his mentor for a moment then looked back to Blueshard. “Yes, but I’m not ready to say just what yet.”
Blueshard dipped his head to his son. “Very well, get some sleep; you’ve been up all night Hiddenpaw. You look exhausted.”
The apprentice gladly took his father’s advice and padded back to his nest and soon he had dropped off into a pleasant sleep.
Andrew was up early that morning. He had already thrown on his headphones, the cord connecting to an iPod classic in his pants pocket. At the time his favorite song was P.O.D’s “Going in Blind” and it raged in his ears as he began to feed his housecat Dusty.
One day... Some day..
This life *not* like you wanted it.
His eyes I can see again, I need you here.
In your mind nobody's listening.
It's alright not to feel again,
Just breath again...

Time after time I walk the fine line,
But something keeps bringing me back.
Time after time I'm going in blind,
I don't know which way I need to go...

Feels like your world is caving in
And I cry, failing to understand,
I wish I can...
It's alright if you're missing him,
In his eyes you can live again,
Free within!

I don't know which way I need to go!

Time after time I can't see the signs,
Do all these roads lead me back to you...
I don't know which way I need to go.
one day? Some day!

Time after time I can't see the signs
do all these roads lead me back to you,
One day....
He sighed, once the song had finished, he looked at his parents in the living room. They were busy watching some random sport on the TV. Again he sighed, taking off the iPod and placing it on his bed. He grabbed his phone and walked out of the house.
In a flash, everything felt so comfortable and fresh out there. He felt the wildness come back to him again. The feeling of distancing himself again from civilization came over him like a wave of fresh air, but as he again walked down Banks street, he felt the same threatening glare come upon him again. He looked to the trees to his right and spotted a pair of amber eyes unblinkingly staring at him. He knew they were cat eyes from studying those of his own cat.
They connected eyesight for a moment before the cat let out a growl. Andrew took this as a territorial move. He didn’t want to get mixed up with this cat however. “Get lost.” He said, plenty loud enough for it to hear, but the cat’s reaction startled him. It stared wide eyed at him, then turned and ran away back into the forest.
Andrew blinked for a moment. He hadn’t expected the cat to react like it did. It’s almost as if it understood what I said. He thought, shrugging his shoulders he turned and continued his walk. He rounded the corner in front of the a-frame house. He felt the eyes upon him again, but unlike the last set, these didn’t feel at all hostile. Instead, he noticed, they felt almost curious to him. He gazed to the right again, training his eyesight upon the woods with his eyes watching for the eyes that were trained upon him. He cursed his poor eyesight as he couldn’t spot this set of eyes.
Andrew placed a cautious step forward towards the woods, followed by another. Even still, the feeling didn’t leave him. Instead it grew tenser as if he were closing in on his observer. Then he spotted the cat, a strangely colored tom was watching him. The cat he had noticed was all a deep toned blue except for his tail which faded to a jet black. Its eyes, a deep see blue which matched its pelt raked over him and Andrew stopped.
The cat looked up to him, and then blinked his eyes slowly. Andrew again knew from Dusty that this was a sign of peace from the cat. He blinked his eyes slowly back at the cat, wanting to assure it that he wasn’t a threat. Andrew looked at it further before it shook its head to its side and then turned away.
Andrew wasn’t sure how he knew, but he understood this was the cat’s way of saying don’t follow me. He instead turned and slowly began his silent trek back home, his mind whirling with the thoughts of what had just occurred. Before these past two days, I understood nothing, now I understand everything. He thought to himself. Somehow he knew there was more to what was going on. Memories of his dream the night before came rushing back to his mind and he was forced to wonder Can I be going insane, or is there more to this than I can understand?

Last edited by ShadowSL on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowSL
ShadowSL

Back to top Go down

The Wild Beckons. Empty Re: The Wild Beckons.

Post  MewMew100 Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Nice story dude!! Kinda reminds me of how I actually act around the wild cats that live with the raccoons by my old house.
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 pm

There's a lot more to this, I think I have like... 6 chapters written or so. 3 typed up. but I haven't written on this story for about 6 months now.
ShadowSL
ShadowSL

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Ah, so I see.
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm wanting to get back to it, but every time I get the chance, I don't feel motivated enough to do it.
ShadowSL
ShadowSL

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:45 pm

The same things happened with me during my The Wanderer story. However, I think I'm going to add more to the 6th chapter since its unfinished. OI really liked the story and so did many of the other members, so I think I'm going to try and finish it over time Razz
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:55 pm

awesome Smile
ShadowSL
ShadowSL

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Merp Razz I'm currently rereading it and fixing the little mistakes I find Razz If you want, you can find it in the Frostclan FF.
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:00 pm

I will.
ShadowSL
ShadowSL

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Yay!
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:20 pm

about to put on the first chapter I believe....
ShadowSL
ShadowSL

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:54 pm

If it's based even loosely on Warriors it should be in fanfic. Sorry bro.
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

https://frostclanlegacy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowSL Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:06 pm

loosely yes, but you'll see how this becomes my own story soon enough.
ShadowSL
ShadowSL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down