Frostclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xeno X Hayden

Go down

Xeno X Hayden Empty Xeno X Hayden

Post  MewMew100 Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:41 pm

<sub><b>[ Xeno | Green-Earth | Fisher's Outlook ]</b><blockquote>Golden snow illuminated by the bright sun above churned slowly under jet black paws, appearing nearly identical to the sand hidden just beneath the frost as a slender form strode along the edge of Ezrael's Lake. The gentle slosh of broken floe lapping at the icy shore was soothing to the ears of the Green-Earth scholar, and Xeno mused at her peaceful walk. Said beach had been one of her favorite places to study when she had just joined the Tribes many moons ago, and even still, the touch of the soft earth- sand or snow- was nostalgic.

With a familiar stony formation in sight, the black cat carried on forth, trotting through the area with confidence in her stride. Light Tribe may have been expanding their borders, and while Xeno would try her best to avoid confrontation, Fisher's Outlook was still on neutral territory. The cat would be damned if she were going to give up her best thinking spot for no reason. She snorted. <i>What a bunch of dumb fucks they are for doing this. How do they plan to defend their borders- boycott aiding the other tribes?</i>

With a sway of her silky tail, Xeno honed in on her target and soon arrived at the smooth overhang. In a single, fluid motion, the tall she-cat bounded up onto the broad surface and purred, Despite the chill of the earth and air, the stone felt warm. Having collected the heat of the sun, Xeno relished in laying upon the slab, stretching out her long legs and letting herself relax for the time in what had begun to feel like forever. Spring was on it's way and she could take a moment's break.</blockquote></sub>
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Xeno X Hayden Empty Re: Xeno X Hayden

Post  MewMew100 Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:42 pm

<sub><b>[ Hayden | White-Light | Fisher's Outlook ]</b><blockquote>It hadn't taken the young feline very long to grow bored in Light Tribe camp. It seemed that every day since their arrival that Hayden found very little amusement in their time -- especially with the lack of battle training regime the prissy healing Tribe disregarded. Instead, the young White Light was taught thing like getting in touch with their powers, and how to aid the traditional healers. The most annoying thing that the blueish feline found was the fact that nobody seemed to want them to use their secondary powers. In a tribe that seemed to show a strong distaste in fighting, it was fitting that such dangerous powers -- even if they were still immature for such a young feline -- would be frowned upon. It disappointed the young cat, and so they had stormed off, hoping to find an interesting way to bide their time while their talents were wasted.

Fisher's Outlook seemed the best place to do that, especially since Hayden found it easiest to disappear into their own world there. It was a nice place to think, and ever since the Apprentice had seen their sister in the burned down woods -- another place they enjoyed escaping to -- they had decided on finding a new place, especially with the former encounter. However, upon arriving to the rocks, Hayden's disappointment only grew as they realized they were already occupied by another feline -- an Earth-Triber -- and one who was dangerously close to the newly established borders. It didn't matter much to Hayden, they could have cared less about the position of the cat, or the Light Tribe anything in general, however, seeing as the feline was occupying <i>their</i> newly favourite spot it seemed only fitting that Hayden make the other feline move.

<b>"Hey treehugger!"</b> Hayden shouted out, approaching the other feline with a look of dissatisfaction on their face, <b>"I'll give you five seconds to move you and your Earth Tribe stink away from the Light Tribe border -- and those rocks -- before I remove you myself."</b></blockquote></sub>
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:56 pm

<sub><b>[ Xeno | Green-Earth | Fisher's Outlook ]</b><blockquote><b>"Oh?"</b> Xeno's head turned nonchalantly to look at the apprentice standing below the rock fixture- albeit nothing more than a sideways glance. <b>"Treehugger, you say? Sorry..."</b> She then arched up awkwardly to flash the leafy-hued coils on her slim right shoulder and continued with a lazy smirk,<b>"Can't say I'm too fond of trees. Plants are a bit too flimsy- I prefer more rock-solid things."</b>

After a moment of relaxing back down to a laying position to stretch her legs and tail, the black cat sat up and yawned. She brought a forepaw up to her muzzle and swiped her tongue over the limb before drawing it over one of her large ears. As she did so, the jewel in her right socket reflected the light of the overhead sun and glowed like a cat's eyes in the dark. Xeno studied the aggressive little she-cat and noted the white dots that marked the cat's face and body as a Light Triber. The older cat's ungroomed ear twitched- a threat from Light Tribe? And by an apprentice? A few factors ran through Xeno's mind; the cat was either a healer- which posed no threat, or a poisoner- which would've been a bit more threatening had she not have been an apprentice. However, the final factor that this apprentice may have been a part of a patrol skirted Xeno's mind and gave the scholar a shiver of uncertainty. But the lack of other scents allowed for her fur to lay flat. This scenario was in <i>her</i> favor.

<b>"Besides, I don't understand something. I'm on neutral land, so why must you feel the need to attack me?"</b> Her single eye flashed with a challenge and her tall body sat perched like the form of a vulture, casting a long shadow over the blue apprentice. <b>"And how do you think you could move me?"</b></blockquote></sub>
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:11 pm

<sub><b>[ Xeno | Green-Earth | Fisher's Outlook ]</b><blockquote><b>"If that hawk hadn't been so greedy and tried to take two kittens at once, then I'm sure his hunt would have succeeded."</b> Xeno rolled the jewel around between her claws, which had returned to their original length by that point.

The long cat cast Hayden a sideways glance as the White-Light appeared to be entranced by the jewel. With a purr, Xeno nudged it closer to Hayden's twittering paws. <b>"If you don't mind it having been in my eye, you can touch it. Feel the edges and see the different sides. With the way it catches the light, is almost like seeing a different gleam each time."</b>

She gave a sigh and rested her chin on her one outstretched foreleg, smiling with a relaxed face. A bit of sadness twinkled in her eye. <b>"A Pink-Earth I once knew and I found it on an excursion and helped shape it into an accessory for my eye since leaving nothing there was beginning to unnerve the Tribe's kits. He's dead now- the illness did him in, and I wish I could say I knew him better. But a tribemate is a tribemate, and I'll continue to wear it in his memory."</b>

The cat then arched her brow as Hayden mentioned her mother's stone, and she nodded. Swishing her tail around, Xeno touched the tip of her long limb to her forehead and mewed,<b>"That's what this little one is. 'Energy' is its ability and its what's kept me on my feet during the winter moons. Without it, I'm sure I'd be laying hungry somewhere too."</b>

Xeno's eye moved from Hayden to the water's surface stretching out before them. <b>"No one knew why it happened either,"</b> Xeno murmured out, her voice distant. As a scholar, it was crushing to not have an answer for something. There was always an answer.

Her bitter pondering was halted as a glow of pure light caught the corner of her eye, and she turned to see the apprentice's glittering tattoo. A lovely serpentine marking, it seemed, graced her face and chest. When Hayden spoke, Xeno felt as if she were seeing the young cat's true self for the first time. The distress and hopelessness that the black cat heard in the blue kit's tone made the heart on her sleeve reappear from where it had once been hidden, and her heart inside hurt. Hurt for the White-Light. Hurt for the memory of her own youth. Xeno tried to offer a sympathetic look, but nothing appeared on her face. She could not feel sympathy for herself. What instead shown was empathy. A bitter, somber look that nearly mirrored Hayden's own. In a soft voice, the cat meowed slowly,<b>"I felt the same, once. Except, I had no power. A White-Earth who had no beliefs, denied her true name. Denied the existence of the Spirits. I was the most useless of cats. I thought I was witty and smarter than everyone else who had been so foolishly blinded by their beliefs. And yet, I was the only one unable to do anything for the cats who so graciously allowed me to live among them. I was a stranger looking in, jealous and bitter. But, I learned. I learned to see past the impossible, and for once, my tattoo glowed. A good friend helped me to realize that."</b> Xeno's expression remained soft, but lost its bitter edge. It seemed the cat could no longer wear a sour look when she thought about her Siamese companion.

<b>"White-Light, my young friend, try seeing beyond what they tell you. What they say you can and can't do is irrelevant. What you figure out with your own paws and mind is far beyond what other can simply say. It's that way for us all. Who knows- maybe with that power of yours, you could develop a technique so groundbreaking that it would surpass even the most pristine of primaries. Secondary does <i>not</i> mean lesser."</b></blockquote></sub>
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:39 pm

<sub><b>[ Xeno | Green-Earth | Fisher's Outlook ]</b><blockquote>Xeno gave Hayden a soft smile and looked in the direction of the water, casting the blue apprentice's reflection a glance. <b>"Hayden."</b> She would remember such a name, she was sure. It was a rather nice name- nicer than the one she had received from the Spirits, but she was in no place to argue. 'Xeno' was the name she was given and it was the one she now bore with pride.

The black cat was pulled from her thoughts as Hayden asked about her family. Xeno's expression hardened a bit and she gave a bit of a frown. <b>"I'd like to say that I do. That I'd like to see them again and hope they missed me, but...."</b> She paused, as if trying to find the correct words to portray her true feelings. <b>"It's not that I wouldn't be happy to see them again- to know they are all well and good. But it isn't something at the forefront of my mind or wishes. They have their own lives, and I have mine. I've made new friends and tribemates that I can consider my family. And I'm sure Misty, Rocky, and my mother and father have moved on as well. The life and culture of the Tribes, I'm sure, is far beyond their understanding. And their care."</b> Xeno gave a bitter smile and chocked chuckle. <b>"Heh...I'd be surprised if they were even remotely interested in what I've found here. That's just the kind of cats they were- standoffish and uncaring about the world around them, or too scared to want to explore it. I never fit with them or matched their mindsets."</b>

<b>"Hm?"</b> She looked back over at Hayden as the younger cat spoke about her father and Xeno lowered her head at Hayden's words about being a disappointment, her green eye moved away from where it had been pinned on the White-Light. <b>"I envy you- I can't say I ever thought about how others saw me in my youth. I never cared about how other felt and I wish I had. I do now, but I feel like if I had previously, I may have been able to do more for my tribe...I..."</b>

<b>"I can respect that. I can respect your desire; to prove yourself. I'm sure that is something they would take pride in knowing- the fire that you have in your heart. To have offspring strong enough to make their own decisions and carry such ambition- those are the qualities natural leaders possess. Any parent would be more than proud to have honor of bringing a leader into the world. I don't think you have any need to worry about disappointing them, Hayden."</b>

Xeno perked her formerly flatten ears and gave the pair a small twitch. Whisking her silky tail around to her other side, Xeno purred. <b>"That's what I think, at least. And I'd like to believe that I have <i>some</i> sense when it comes to others."</b></blockquote></sub>
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:39 pm

<sub><b>[ Xeno | Green-Earth | Fisher's Outlook ]</b><blockquote>Xeno purred and nodded, her smile expanding to reveal her bright white teeth. <b>"You aren't wrong. How wonderful it would be to try and show them this sort of life. I'm just a bit to realistic- dreams of whimsy and hopes that I'll see them again are few and far between for me. It's much easier for a family to stay together in the Tribes, separated or not. "</b>

Her jovial tone remained, though her loud voice softened a bit along with her gaze. <b>"How sweet. I feel practically the same, I suppose. Not that I'm a worried about my emotions being used against me, but....I guess I've never really been the emotional type. Most things have been cut and dry; logical. I've only met a small pawful of cats whom have seen my emotions; seen me at my worst."</b> Xeno chuckled lightly and rested her chest atop her cross forepaws. Her gaze moved to the stony surface of the warm slab, as if they were forced on nothing in particular. <b>"I very much get where you are coming from when you say it's nice to open up to someone; to have someone other than yourself to speak to and confide in."</b> Looking back up at Hayden, making sure to to make eye contact, she continued,<b>"I'm glad. It feels so choking, as if you are drowning in all your thoughts....doesn't it? It has been a pleasure for me as well, Hayden, to be able to speak to you. To reflect, sort of, I guess. I just hope you don't make the same mistakes as me...."</b>

<b>"Your sister- Cona, was it? Have you spoken to her since your leaving Fire Tribe? You've set her up on such a high place and seem to think that everyone else sees you as lower, but....how do you think she feels? Maybe it is vice versa for her, and all so peachy in her paws. It's taken some time, and I held so much hate for her for so long, but I know understand it wasn't so perfect for my sister when she left. And I regret not being able to tell her how important she was to me. Hell- it was ultimately her doing that I am where and who I am today."</b> </blockquote></sub>
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down