Frostclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan

3 posters

Go down

How are you liking it so far?

Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan I_vote_lcap0%Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan I_vote_lcap100%Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]
Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan I_vote_lcap0%Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan Empty Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan

Post  Sheyna Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:00 pm

No, I am not totally obsessed with warrior FFs. XD I just think they're easier to write than most.

Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan

Prologue

A large tabby she-cat was sitting on a raised stone, staring up at the stars that glittered brightly overhead. She sighed softly, and a small plume of vapor sprung from her mouth; it was a cold night, despite the fact it was only near the end of greenleaf. The soft sound of water tumbling over rocks echoed throughout the area. A large, deep river ran nearby, close enough to see from the tabby's perch.

Behind her, another she-cat approached. Her soft green eyes seemed to reflect the starlight. The tabby flicked her ears and turned. "Yes, what is it, Dawnsky?"

The cat called Dawnsky dipped her head in respect. "Fernstar, Ripplestream has recieved a prophecy. He told me before you, to see if I can help him figure it out, but..."

Fernstar narrowed her eyes. "What is it, and how much have you figured out?"

Dawnsky closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. When she spoke, her voice rasped a little and sounded strange.
"The blazing fire will be extinguished,
and the rushing water will take hold of the land.
From the ashes, the fire must return
or never see the light of day again."

Fernstar shivered at the words. "And have you figured out any of it?" Her thoughts raced. The blazing fire... Could that mean Fireclan is going to be destroyed? she wondered.

Dawnsky's voice became normal again, and she opened her eyes. "No, nothing. But we assume it has something to do with Fireclan's destruction... And possibly the river."

Fernstar rose to her paws and suddenly towered over the medicine cat. "Why the river? That-" She waved her tail towards the quick-flowing river- "is what's kept our Clan alive all this time. It supplies food, and gives this forest life! How could it possibly be the ruin of our Clan?" She bristled angrily, just not wanting to believe what she was hearing.

The black she-cat seemed to understand. "Don't worry, Fernstar. Ripplestream and I have yet to understand any of this. For all we know, it could be something completely different from the river. Starclan likes to speak in riddles, and you usually can't tell what it means until it's happening or has already happened." Her soft voice seemed to soothe the older leader. "I should go back to my den and get some rest. You should, too." With that, she turned away. Her midnight black fur melted into the heavy shadows that were cast by the towering trees over Fireclan's quiet camp.

Fernstar sighed and nodded slightly. She's right. There's no reason to upset myself, it'll only cause problems for our Clan. So, I'll just have to leave it to the medicine cat, the leader decided. She stood, cast one more glance up towards the shimmering stars, and leaped down from the rock. She slipped inside a cave, half-hidden by the looming wall of stone, and curled up inside.

But no matter how hard she tried, the words kept echoing in her head like the constant chirping on the sparrows in greenleaf. The blazing fire will be extinguished... She could only hope she was right to put her faith in Dawnsky.

Chapter One

Dappled sunlight shined over the lush forest floor. Through it padded three cats; one of them, a tom, was obviously leading the other two, another tom and a she-cat, somewhere. He moved with a confident speed only someone with a goal in mind would use. His gray fur ruffled in a light breeze. The white patterns on his pelt shimmered slightly, making it look like the wind itself was part of it. The tom behind him had nearly identical markings, except the colors were switched around. The she-cat, however, who was trailing behind, looked nothing like either. Her pelt shone ginger wherever the dawn's light touched it, but in the shadows, it was dark brown. Her eyes were a warm, but mysterious, hazel.

The following tom groaned. "C'mon, Ashflight, how long is this going to take? We've been walking for so long!" He paused to sway dramatically.

The she-cat rolled her hazel eyes. "Just walk, moron." She shoved him lightly. The white and gray tom stumbled forward and groaned again.

The leading tom, Ashflight, laughed at them both. They were obviously all siblings. "Thanks for standing up for me, Ambershine. And you, Smokewind," he added with a playful tone, "had better hurry up, or you're going to have to walk your paws off all day!"

"Fine," Smokewind grumbled. "But don't complain to me when either Dawnsky or Ripplestream yell at me for scratching up the pads on my paws!" He raised one of his white paws, showing the soft pink side. There were a few small cuts on it.

"You're such a kit," Ambershine sighed. "They're so tiny, not even a mouse would notice something like that!" She swatted his ear playfully. "Now keep walking!"

Ashflight laughed again. "Let's go faster, and it won't take as long." He sped up, diving into the thick undergrowth. A startled rabbit bolted away, but the three siblings ignored it. It seemed almost like Ashflight intended to lead them right out of Fireclan's territory and all the way to Mistclan territory! Or at the very least, Breezeclan's.

But suddenly, he took a sharp turn. Ambershine and Smokewind stopped and looked around in confusion. The warrior had seemed to just vanish. But then, an amused voice drifted to them. "Down here!" Ambershine nudged her brother and nodded towards the entrance to a small cave.

When they slipped down the rocky slope, they gaped widely. Ashflight stood in the center of a huge cave with a truimphant gleam in his blue eyes. "Welcome to my cave, Ashclan's camp!"

Smokewind rolled his hazel eyes. "Ashclan? Nice, you just went and named it after yourself, huh? And where's your Clan?"

"So? All the great leaders do!" Ashflight protested. "Firestar was the first Fireclan leader." He then looked sheepish. "Well... I don't have anybody else, except for me. Besides you two, that is!"

Ambershine shook her head. "I'm not getting involved in your silly kit games. You know you don't have time to do stuff like this! Leaf-fall is coming on fast, and soon after that, leaf-bare. You can't waste time just milling around in this cave!"

Ashflight looked at them sadly. "Fine. Then we can just head back. But," he added as he climbed back out of the cave, "Ashclan will someday become successful. I just know it!" He flicked his tail and disappeared. It has to...

Ambershine snickered, but followed him out. Smokewind looked around one last time, his gaze lingering on the ceiling of the cave. It glittered with strange colors that you don't normally see in rock; purple, pink, even some yellow and blue. It reminded him of a sunset. I wonder how he managed to find this place, he thought, and followed the other two warriors.

Chapter Two

Ripplestream gazed at the river from his perch in a small tree, looking lost in thought. Ambershine approached from behind, a few rays of sunlight touching her pelt and turning it ginger. The medicine cat's own long, light gray fur shimmered slightly in the light.

"Hey, Ambershine. What's up?" he meowed without turning.

"Nothing much. But Ashflight's coming up with imaginary Clans now," the warrior snickered. "He apparently thinks he gather enough cats for him to become leader of Ashclan."

Ripplestream nearly toppled out of the tree at that, but quickly regained his cool. "Doesn't he know better than to go around playing games while the Clan needs cared for?"

Ambershine blinked. What was that about? She didn't press her friend for answers. After all, he was a medicine cat. They always did strange things, and rarely tell cats the reason behind it, save the leader. "That's what I told him. But he just ignored me."

Ashflight suddenly appeared behind the two. "Talking about me?" he meowed glumly. "It's not that stupid of an idea, you know. Besides, I've got a weird feeling that Ashclan will become important. You understand, right Ripplestream? I bet you've had feelings like that before, being a medicine cat and all."

The light gray tom closed his river-blue eyes. For a few moments, he didn't respond. Then, just as Ambershine started to deliver a rude comment: "Yes. Sometimes, cats come by those feelings. They can't be explained, except through Starclan. Just follow your heart. If it leads you to whatever that feeling is about, then go for it." With that, Ripplestream leaped down and trotted away to find Dawnsky.

Ashflight grinned. "See? I have a medicine cat backing me on this. You couldn't possibly think he's a moron too, could you?"

Ambershine sighed and meowed sharply, "He's still only 14 moons old! He doesn't know everything." She stalked away in the opposite direction of Ripplestream. "I'm going to go do something useful for our Clan," she spat.

Ashflight watched her leave, then sat down and curled his tail around his paws. "I know my heart's leading me to this decision. I can't let Ambershine make me doubt myself," he growled to himself.

Chapter Three

Smokewind yawned and stretched. He'd been guarding the camp overnight, and the constant roar of the river had nearly put him to sleep. Everyone got a good night's sleep but me, the gray and white tom thought with a small trace of bitterness. But oh well. SOMEBODY has to keep an eye on things. Why not a young, talented warrior who can manage a night without sleep? He purred quietly, then broke off at a scuffling noise to his right.

A small brown she-kit emerged from under a rosebush, gently tugging her fur away when it caught on one of the thorns. Without even glancing at the warrior, she scrambled past him over to a shallow puddle and stared into it as though looking for something in the still water.

"Ah, Echokit. Is your mother awake yet?" Smokewind meowed with a friendly smile. He sighed softly when the kit ignored him. She could be a bit nicer. He frowned. Doesn't Robinfeather bother to teach her manners?

He looked over as the brown and ginger queen slipped out of the nursery, followed by her other kit, Flashkit. "Hello, Smokewind. You seem tired," Robinfeather commented.

"Yes, I've been guarding camp all night," Smokewind replied. He smiled as Flashkit bounded over to him. "Ready for you and your sister's apprentice ceremonies today?"

The little tabby's forest green eyes brimmed with excitement. "Yeah! I can't wait! I wonder who my mentor'll be. I hope it's you, Smokewind!"

"Why me?" Smokewind purred with amusement.

"Because you're an awesome warrior!"

"Is that so?"

"Yup!"

"Why, thank you." Smokewind chuckled and lightly batted her ear. "But Fernstar probably won't let me. You'll end up with one of the senior warriors to teach you, like Tawnyfur or Stonefall, so you can be the best warrior possible."

"But you could teach me just as good as either of them!" Flashkit protested. "If I ask Fernstar, she'll say yes! I just know it!"

"Ask me what?" a stern voice meowed from the direction of the Highstone. Fernstar's piercing blue gaze scanned each of the cats.

"Um..." Flashkit suddenly became shy in the presence of the leader.

"My daughter wishes to know if you would be so kind to allow Smokewind to be her mentor," Robinfeather spoke for the little tabby.

Fernstar shook her head. "I'm sorry, but I've already chosen the two warriors who will mentor your kits. Neither of them are Smokewind or his siblings. I will hold the ceremony once the rest of the Clan is awake. Then you'll see who they are." The large tabby then padded back to her den and sat down outside of it with her long tail wrapped around her paws.

"Sorry, dear, but we tried," Robinfeather sighed. "Nothing to be done about it now."

"Aww..." Flashkit sighed as well, then, with a glum look at Smokewind, padded away to join her sister by the puddle. But, instead of staring into it like Echokit, she splashed water into the other kit's face, starting a water fight.

"She seems to be quite fond of you. I wonder why that is," Robinfeather meowed. She raised one of her ginger paws and started licking it, her reddish amber eyes still trained on Smokewind.

"I don't know why," the warrior said uncomfortably. "I guess I'm fun to be around." He grinned jokingly. "But I'd better go start waking up the others so we can get their ceremonies over with. See you later." The gray and white warrior hurried away with one backwards glance at the brown and ginger queen.

Last edited by Sheyna on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sheyna
Sheyna
Mod

http://fogclan.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan Empty Re: Fall of Fireclan; Rise of Ashclan

Post  Sheyna Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Posted another chapter!
Sheyna
Sheyna
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Very good. I can't think of any critism! GRRRR!
Torchiclove
Torchiclove
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheyna Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Hehe, thanks! Very Happy
Sheyna
Sheyna
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Awesome job, Sheyna. I can tell you put alot of work into it. Very Happy
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheyna Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:21 pm

XD I just completely make up everything as I go. I don't put that much work into it. If I did, the chapters would be a whole lot longer...
Sheyna
Sheyna
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheyna Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Chapter two = Complete! Very Happy
Sheyna
Sheyna
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheyna Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Added the third chapter. It's just a short little thing, introducing a few more Fireclan cats.
Sheyna
Sheyna
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down