Frostclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3

3 posters

Go down

what do you think?

The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3 I_vote_lcap0%The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3 I_vote_lcap100%The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3 I_vote_lcap0%The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3 Empty The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3

Post  Chibi248 Thu May 30, 2013 8:13 pm

The foggy, grey sky was flecked in a white light oozing from the full moon overhead. Raindrops on the crisp, jade leaves glistened in the moonlight. Although the thick fog merged with the moonlight, it only faltered the light, not hiding it completely. The air was so humid, it seemed as though a blanket was cascaded across the land, causing one's lungs to grow full with the crisp clear liquid once one took each breath. The forest was huge, spreading across the earth, with few streams breaking through every couple miles. There was a clearing in thus forest, with a jeep sitting silently, undisturbed in the middle of it. Two figures, one much smaller than the other, were lying on the hood of the vehicle, gazing at the looming stars in the dark sky, their light creating little sparkles dancing through the clearing. A figure is making it's way through into the clearing, making gurgling noises with every heavy step.

"What's that called again, big sis?" A small voice cooed into the moonlit night. "A wuh..wal-"

"Walker." Another voice chimed in sharply. "Stay right here. They're bad." The bigger figure rose from the hood of the car, pulling a sharp, gleaming knife from her jacket.

"How bad, big sis?" the small voice spoke again, curiosity creeping into her soft tone. This young person was obviously oblivious to the fact that this was surely a threat. "What do you do to them?"

The other voice sighed softly, and stepped into the light. She looked young, about 14. She had a short frame with long, fiery-red dyed hair and soft pale skin. Her auburn eyes flickered with interest and keenness. She smiled slyly. "Why, you kill them, of course." 

The deceased creature making it's way through the clearing sensed it's prey and staggered towards her. It continued it's gurgling as it made it's way. It's skin, a pale grey color, was peeling off in some areas, a sure sign of it's decaying state. It's milky-blue, glazed over eyes fell on the girl and it squealed in interest as it approached it's dinner. It's rotten teeth shone in the light, pieces of black flesh from it's previous victims stuck in them. 

The girl chuckled. "Come get some, dumbass." She seemed almost delighted as the thing was several feet away from digging into her small body. Just as the creature's face was seconds away from her's, the girl raises the blade and thrust it sharply into the bloodthirsty thing's eye socket. It crumbled to the ground with a thud, as the girl kicked it roughly in the face. The metallic smell of blood filled the air as the sickly crimson liquid gushed from the creature's wound. The girl pulled the blade out quickly, smiling and giggling. She turned to the smaller girl, enthusiasm in her gaze. "Well, boo. Take notes, because THAT'S what you do to one of those nasty little suckers."

The smaller girl nodded, tossing her soft blonde hair around her face and neck. Her bright blue eyes sparkled in awe and admiration. "Okay, Marie." She smiled. She looked about 5 or 6.

"Now," Marie started. "Let's get some rest. We have a long day of traveling tomorrow." She looked at the younger girl, love and acceptance in her auburn eyes.

"Okie dokie!" The tiny girl climbed into the car, her sister right behind her. Marie peeked through the window at the corpse she just vanquished. "How many times will I have to do that, before...." She muttered under her breath. She tossed the thought behind, and locked the car door, trying to let the thought of the new world escape her mind...

The sun shone brightly through the cracks between the leaves of the tall trees. Morning dew clung to the surface of the leaves as the silence of the morning was broken by the sound of a car door opening. Marie hopped out, hightop Converse shoes thudding against the cool grass. Marie looked cozy in her tall shoes that reached up to her knees, her black skinny jeans tucked under them. With this, she was wearing a red plaid shirt  tied in the front, clearly because it was too large for her. Her hair was tied to the side in a messy braid that seemed to fit her character perfectly. She took a deep breath and grabbed the smaller girl's tiny hand to help her out of the jeep. The smaller girl's yellow sundress fluttered when she hopped out.

"Good thing we found this jeep out here, Perrie. But what I'm wondering is who the hell leaves a perfectly good car out in the middle of a forest?" Marie questioned.

The smaller girl, Perrie apparently, shook her head. "When we went camping with Mama and Da-"

Marie quickly cupped her hand over Perrie's mouth. Her gaze sharpened on the blonde girl. "What did I say about talking about the past? About Mama and Dad?"

Perrie looked down, ashamed. "I forgot...sorry...it just..." Tears looked like they were about to form.

Marie's tone softened, feeling her sister's pain. "Shush, boo. I know it's hard. But we gotta keep going, baby. They'd want us to do that." After a few more seconds, Marie chuckled, changing the subject. "Now let's collect our things and split."

Perrie smiled bravely and began picking up materials and possessions around the clearing. After the pair collected their things, they got in the jeep and made their way down a little dirt road leading out of the forest.

~

"I'm getting REALLY tired of your bullshit, Aubrey..." a deep voice nagged. A boy with long, chocolate-brown, messy hair shook his head, sending his messy locks around his face. He looked about 16 with piercing sage green eyes. He wore dark clothes and steel-toed sneakers. He was dragging a fallen walker away from the front of a large R.V parked on an empty road. "You never help me move ANYTHING."

A girl, about 13, with long black hair and caramel skin hopped from the top of the R.V where she was relaxing, onto the street below. She looked of Asian decent, with an extremely skinny body. "Well maybe if you stopped whining like a little bitch, I'd actually help. And what makes you think I'd want to touch one of THOSE lovely things?" she mocked, sarcastically. 

The boy swung around to face her, intolerance in his stunning eyes. "Oh, I'M the one whining like a little bitch?!? At least I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty! You are honestly the most rude, conceited, selfish little piece of sh-" 

"HEY!"
The R.V door swung open as a tall girl, about 15, with fawn hair and rosy skin hopped out. Defiance shone brightly in her light-leafy eyes. If she wasn't so shaken, she seemed like she's be a carefree, fun person. She glared at the two, and advanced closer to them. "What is WRONG with you two? Have you forgotten what we're trying to accomplish?!" She looked extremely upset. "Our friend is out there, God knows where! And we're sitting here arguing like a bunch of little kids!"
She looked towards Aubrey and spoke, "Help him, dude! Stop being a brat!"

Aubrey stepped forward. "But, Toni I don-"

The girl, Toni spoke again, "I don't care! Just get it done!"

Toni whirled around to face the boy. "And you, Layle," She paused, her green eyes softening. "Thanks." She then turned around and hopped back into the R.V, slamming the door behind her. 

Aubrey scoffed, rolling her eyes. "How come SHE doesn't have to help?" She muttered, as she helped lift the body. "And when she looked at you...was she...blushing?" Her eyes narrowed as a smirk crept onto her face. 

Layle sighed. "I didn't see anything..." His eyes darted to the side for a brief moment before he changed the subject. "Now hurry up and carry this thing. We don't have all day." The pair continued to move the body, trying to get it out of the way of the R.V. Once they finished, the two made their way to the door of the R.V, stepping swiftly inside. 

~
The trees moved by quickly in the foggy window of the jeep as it made it's way through the twists and turns of the forest. Perrie rested her head on the glass of the window peering through at the moving trees. Her sun-kissed hair fell over her shoulders as she made her index and middle fingers "run" alongside her, jumping over rocks and whatnot. Although Marie was focused on driving and getting to their destination, the smaller, blonde-headed girl Perrie had something else on her mind. She thought about the way things used to be. She thought about how she missed the sound of cars, and the chattering of people. She thought about the sweet taste of ice-cream on her little pink tongue, the cool feeling of diving into a pool on a hot summer day. She thought about those days when her mother brought her to the playground...her...mother. She missed her mother so much, it hurt. She missed resting her head on the graceful woman's lap, the gentle sensation she felt when her mother rubbed her back. And Daddy- oh how she missed him. How she giggled when he tickled her and how fun it was when he gave her piggyback rides. Perrie sighed longingly as she held back tears. She tried to focus on her little finger person running, but...she just couldn't. The feeling of pain an longing was so overwhelming that she broke down into sobs. She held her face in her tiny hands as countless tears ran down her soft face. Marie glanced at Perrie for a second, sighed sadly, and stopped the car. Seeing her baby sister in such a state of despair made Marie's heart ache in pity. She unbuckled her seat beat and leaned over to comfort the child. Holding Perrie in her arms, she rocked her back and forth, cooing soothing words into the girl's ear. "Ssshh, let it out. It's okay, I'm here. Nothing's gonna hurt you, boo." Although her words were convincing, they weren't entirely true. With walkers roaming loose, no one was safe, especially two young girls who were all alone in the world. 

"Why, Marie?" Perrie gasped between sobs. "Why did they bite Mommy and Daddy?" The child broke down more.

Marie's stomach churned with pain. She felt like she had just gotten punched in the gut. Her throat went dry. "Well, baby...they...don't know better." 

Perrie pushed Marie away. "It's not fair! NOT FAIR!" Perrie pushed the car door open and ran off sobbing, disappearing into the trees. Panic overwhelmed Marie as she jumped out after Perrie. She shook in terror and whirled around looking in all directions for the small girl. 

"Oh no oh no oh no oh no. This can't be happening no no no no." Marie shook even more, frantically dashing through the trees. "Did she even go this way?!" she mumbled, desperately. "Perrie! PERRIE! Please come back!" 

Silence.

"Perrie! PERRIE!!!" Suddenly, a tiny squeak of a scream sounded, coming from the other direction. "Perrie!" Marie spun around and ran toward the sound, fear churning in her gut. She sprinted faster than she ever had before in her life. In that moment, she didn't know if her sister was alive or...

Screams of agony filled the air as Marie got closer to her sister. When she caught sight of the seen, her blood ran cold. There was Perrie, her poor...poor baby sister. Marie gasped for air for the sight took her breath away. There she was...... Sprawled in the grass, laying on her stomach. Her tiny face, that was turned in the other direction, was resting in a pool of her own blood. Her limbs were missing chunks, the flesh around them blackened. One of her legs was twisted at a sickening angle, sending shivers down Marie's spine. Perrie's dress was ripped and covered in the red liquid, one of her arms completely missing, leaving a bloodily stub with a piece of clean, ivory bone poking through. Marie stayed frozen for the longest time, trying to absorb what she was seeing. She finally snapped out of her daze and dashed to her sister, crying out into sobs. "No no no no no no no no no!!!!! NO NO NO!!!!!" She grabbed Perrie's tiny shoulders, turning her over to face her. Her once beautiful face was shredded, her lower jaw cracked hanging on her neck at a horrible angle. Her tongue dangled loosely , saliva dripping onto the moist grass. 

Marie sobbed at the horrific sight. "No no no NO NO NO NO WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!?!" She shrieked at the top of her lungs. She slapped herself violently in the head, stopping momentarily when she heard something behind her...

She spun around to seen one of them. A walker, inches away from her. She screamed, covering her face. This was it....
Marie shot out of slumber and looked around. It was black as pitch where she was. Sweat soaked her neck and back as she felt around for a flashlight. Her hand caught hold of the cool, round object and she locked her fingers around it. Snapping it on, she peered through the night. She was in a car, the jeep in fact. She looked down at a lump snoring next to her. "Oh thank God!" she screamed as she took Perrie into her arms. Perrie rubbed her eyes, confused. 
 "What is it?" she asked, sleepily. 

Marie smiled, relief flowing through her. "Nothing, baby! Nothing!" She hugged Perrie tighter. 

Perrie scratched her head. "You're so weird, Marie. I think driving all day made you crazy!" 

Marie laughed. "Boo, I've BEEN crazy! Before the driving!" The pair giggled and shared a hug.

~

The R.V bumped along the road steadily making it's way down the barren street. Layle drove it cautiously, as if he wasn't used to driving. Toni sat in the seat beside him, glancing at him longingly every couple minutes. Each time she did, he'd look back at her and she'd quickly lock her eyes on the window beside her. Aubrey sat behind Layle, noticing the whole scene, Layle being oblivious to it. She rolled her eyes each time Toni awkwardly stared at Layle. Finally she had enough. 

"Jesus Christ, this is annoying!" She whined, slamming her hand on the seat. 

Toni swung around to face her, nervous to what the preppy girl Aubrey might say. "What's annoying? I guess you're talking about yourself..." She mocked, facing the front window again. 

Aubrey's eyes widened in rage. "What?! What did YOU say to ME?" 

Toni was outraged. "Layle stop the damn car." He obeyed, knowing better that if he didn't, the fawn haired girl wouldn't hesitate to take control. She faced Aubrey again. "Bitch, what do you mean? You said that like you were better than me!"

Aubrey laughed, a sneer on her pretty face. "Um, because I AM." 

Toni laughed. "Sweetie, my family could BUY and SELL yours on eBay!" She rose, fist in the air. Aubrey rose too, arms ready to defend herself. Layle couldn't take it.

"That's IT! ENOUGH! Get your panties out of a bunch and grow up. Marie is out there somewhere and probably NEEDS OUR HELP! And all you girls wanna do is fight! ENOUGH!" Layle shook violently in rage. His anger then subsided when he regained his senses. The two girls stood, awkwardly trying to compose themselves. Aubrey rolled her eyes, spun around and walked into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. Toni bit her lip in anger and stomped to the tiny little room in the back of the R.V. Layle sat, confused.

"Jeez," he whispered. "Was it something I said?"

*the next day

Marie groggily rose from her makeshift car-seat bed, grumbling as she propped herself up on her hand. She blinked a couple times, trying to wake up as the sun's rays twinkled through the jeep's window. 'That was a bunch of driving yesterday. But we're almost out of the forest...' She thought as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She climbed into the driver's seat, trying not to disturb Perrie's slumber. She slowly started the car and took it out of park. The machine roared to life as Marie punched in the key. 

It had been a couple hours since Marie first started the vehicle, about 2 or 3 hours at least. By this time Perrie was wide awake, filling in a coloring book in the backseat, blankets layered around her small legs. Marie stared intently at the road, focusing on driving. After a while, the trees in the forest grew more and more absent, and the dirt road was turning to black street gravel. Marie smiled sweetly and glanced at Perrie for a second. "We're super close." She spoke cheerily. The smile on her face quickly drifted away as she remembered the horrific dream she had the night before. She forced the thought from her mind and focused yet again, on driving. Just as the car were to make a turn for the highway, a figure dove onto the hood of the car, causing the vehicle to swerve and crash into a tree. Marie smacked the wheel in frustration. 

"Damn walker! Always screwing sh*t up!" She shouted, defeated. She rested her face on the wheel, sighing.

Perrie backed up on fear. "Um..Marie? Look!" 

Marie's head shot up to meet the rotted face of the walker pressed against the front window. The thing gurgled and sputtered, licking and sucking at the glass. Marie was more disgusted than afraid.

"Freaking gross. Jesus Christ!!"

Marie backed up a tad then slammed the machine into the tree abruptly, causing the corpse's legs to get crushed underneath. A sickening crack filled the air as Marie repeated her actions. Backing up. Driving forward. She finally got bored with torturing the creature and drove back onto the road. The walker lost it's grip on the hood and fell beneath the wheels, crushing the thing's skull with a horrible popping noise. Marie shrugged it off and continued driving, ignoring the large dent in the front of the car. She had a job to do and no walker nor tree was going to stop her. Then she did it. She made it to the highway. She sighed in relief, turning to Perrie. "We did it. We got through the entire forest from hometown!" Perrie smiled happily and continued her coloring. Marie turned back to the road, a newfound confidence filling her veins. She was determined to complete what she started. To find them. Her friends...

Marie drove down the empty highway, darkness creeping in as the sun descended beneath the earth, inviting the night to engulf the land in pitch. Walkers roam the streets aimlessly outside, flesh on their lifeless minds. The young girl seemed to not take notice that her gasoline storage was running extremely low, as the vehicle suddenly stopped. 

"Shit." Marie muttered, slamming her palms against the steering wheel, clearly frustrated. 

Perrie twitched in her sleep in the backseat. Marie breathed heavily, regretting the stupid plan she had just thought of. But once the plan met her mind, there was no pushing it aside. She sighed as she rolled over, reaching across the seat to shake Perrie awake. "Hey, kiddo. Wake up!" Marie hissed, as Perrie's eyes fluttered open. 

"What is it?" the blonde child asked, sleepily.

Marie smiled mischievously. "We're having an issue, but I have a plan." 

~

Layle, Toni, and Aubrey gathered at a small table in the R.V. Another kid with shaggy blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes was at the wheel. He looked about 16, his face raised with cheekiness. A map that was covered in sloppy handwriting and hand-drawn arrows sat on the table. The three teens hovered over it, discussing and tossing around ideas. Toni spoke first. 

"She was in Alexandria, then Winnfield, so maybe she's on her way to the refugee center in Shreveport, so-"

"WHICH is exactly where we were planning on going." Layle cut in.

The two girls glared at Layle. Aubrey rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, Layle, we know." She snapped, rudely.

Layle looked down and twiddled his thumbs, awkwardly. "Oh....sorry...I'll just shut up now." 

Toni cleared her throat. "As I was saying, maybe we should check there, since we were going there in the first place and-"

Aubrey interrupted, slamming her hand down on the table. "Look, I know we all WANT to find Marie and stuff, but what about us? We're running low on supplies and we need to think about OUR problems sometimes."

Toni was about to speak out in protest, when the cheeky blonde boy driving spoke up. He raised his hand, stopping the vehicle as he spoke. "She's right. We ARE running low on things we need." He rose, approaching the others, and rested his hand on Toni's shoulder. "I know you wanna find your friend," He started, soothingly. "But we'll make a quick run, okay? It's not like-"

Just in that moment, there was a bang at the R.V door as a walker broke in, black saliva oozing from it's jaws. Aubrey screamed as the group backed up . 

"Just one." Layle muttered as he  closed his hand around a fire-poker resting beside him. He approached the decaying creature, jabbing the long, sharp object into the thing's forehead. It slid in with ease, the walker dropping to the floor as the young man pulled the weapon out. He turned around and smiled. "No biggie." Aubrey stared at something behind him and shrieked in terror. Layle turned to face countless walkers filling into the R.V, their arms outstretched for their meal. The group, filled with fear, ran to the emergency exit in the back, hoping to get away before they became dinner.

~
"Ready?" Marie grinned at Perrie. The two stood over a body of a once "living" walker. The walker's stomach was sliced open, it's intestine oozing out at horrible angles. The smell of stomach acid and decaying flesh reeked the air, causing Perrie to make a sickened face. Perrie shook her head, her face green. 

"I don't wanna..." she whined.

Marie rested her gloved- hand on the younger girl's shoulder. "It'll be fine, boo."

Perrie shook her head again, and looked up at Marie, pleading, "Why can't we just kill the other's?"

Marie scoffed and pointed. "Do you see how many there are? I'm surprised they hadn't noticed us yet...probably because we're hiding behind the jeep...But whatever. If you want to chicken out, get back in the jeep. Just..." Marie handed her a pistol. "Cover me." She looked disappointed and worried at the same time. 

Perrie nodded sadly, and quietly opened the car door, disappearing inside. Marie sighed, pulling on her gloves to make sure they were secure. She then wrapped herself in a big brown poncho that covered most of her clothes, and stepped closer to the body. She squeezed her eyes shut and slowly reached out her hands to the creature's stomach. Once she felt the slimy stuff under her palm, she slowly grasped it. The cherry-haired girl raised her hand, and opened her eyes. What she saw in her hand was a blackened organ, slime oozing from the side of it. Vomit climbed up her throat at the sight of the thing she was holding. 'Don't back down now.' She thought, desperately, raising the body part up to her chest. Once it touched her, she began to rub it over her poncho, slime and dark blood dripping on the brown article of clothing. She lost her lunch at the smell of herself, and continued the horrible act. Once the poncho was covered in guts and blood, she grabbed the large intestine and wrapped it loosely around her neck, making sure the organ didn't touch her skin. Then, she stepped out from behind the Jeep, pretending to limp. She gurgled as she slowly made her way down the street, walkers not taking any notice to her. She shook in fear, as a walker bumped into her. Although it didn't suspect a thing, the thought that she was this close to them, unarmed, scared the shit out of her. She slowly scanned the area, trying to find a little red container of gasoline. A walker stared at her, it's dead eyes tearing her up on the inside. Marie shook. 'It's okay...they don't smell the living on you. They only smell death..' she thought. That's when she noticed it. A container of gasoline, about 40 feet away. She slowly trudged for it, continuing her limping. When she was about 15 feet away from the gasoline, she began to limp faster. The girl wanted desperately to get out if the middle of danger as soon as possible. She was so focused on getting to her destination, that she didn't notice the piece of rubble in front of her. She tripped over the rubble, falling into a large puddle. Shocked, she leapt out, alarm in her mind. The guts began to slide off one by one, and the walkers began to take notice. They slowly advanced toward her, quickening their pace after a while. Marie began to breath heavily and ran for the gas, throwing the filthy poncho off of her. The beasts outstretched their arms, ready for a meal. The young girl grasped the gas, holding it close, then climbed onto the top of an abandoned van. The walkers surrounded the van, reaching up with their decayed arms and screamed for Marie. She thought of her options, and knew there were none. Dozens of walkers surrounded her, and there was nothing she could do about it. She fell to her knees, defeated. A walker made it's way to the top and grabbed her from behind, causing her to scream in terror. Just as it were about about to sink it's rotten teeth into the soft flesh on her neck, a sharp sound pierced the air. The walker fell to the ground, a bullet in it's head. Marie gasped and turned around to see Perrie on the ground, a pistol in hand. She smiled at Marie, tossing her an axe. Marie smirked, grasping the axe, and swung it full force at another walker that made it's way up. It sliced it's head clean in half, and fell to the ground. Perrie stood behind the herd of beasts blasting bullets through their heads one by one. Marie continued slicing and swinging, killing them off one by one as well. Finally after a couple minutes, the creatures were all fallen. Marie hopped off the van, grabbing the gasoline container once again.

"Come on. Before more show up." She hissed as the pair dashed for the jeep. Once there, Perrie hopped inside, as Marie poured the gas into the slot. The tank was now a little more than half full. Marie climbed back in the driver's seat. "That'll do us a couple more miles." She said, as she sped off down the highway. She was now uneasy, the thought that she nearly became one of them, sinking in her mind. She shook the thought away, and continued, although it still poked at her mind. 

~
The four adolescents ran down the street, away from the R.V, walkers closing in on them. Layle took the lead, stabbing walkers in their skulls as Toni stayed close behind, slashing walkers with her knife. Aubrey held onto the cheeky blonde boy, stricken with terror. 

Between gasps she pleaded. "Kill them, Charlie, please." 

The boy, Charlie apparently, pulled Aubrey closer as he quickly followed the other two. A walker latched onto Aubrey as they ran, causing her to scream out in shock. Charlie smacked it away with his pistol, just in time before it nearly bit the unarmed girl. The group hid behind a truck, and quickly formed a plan. 

Toni spoke. "We need to get the hell outta here, they're closing in."

Dozens upon dozens of the creatures limped toward them.

"If we can maneuver past them and circle around that way we can get back to the R.V." Layle pointed out. "But we're going to need a lot of arms ready to kill the ones in and around the R.V." He spoke quickly. He turned to face Aubrey, handing her a knife, her hands shaking. 

"You need to fight, too." He whispered, eyes locked to her's, his hands holding her smaller one's to the knife. His stunning eyes seemed to see right through her, gazing into her thoughts, memories, and secrets. The girl nodded, biting her lip, tears of fear in her eyes. 

Layle's eyes tore from her's and focused on everyone else. "Are you guys ready?" He looked so serious and desperate. Everyone nodded, hesitantly. Layle then dashed out from the cover of the car, leading the way through the mess of walkers. He poked through one's skull, then another, and another, tearing into their heads with ease. He looked so powerful, his eyes dark and face expressionless as he slayed the beasts. Toni stayed close behind, stabbing the eyes of the walkers that Layle didn't kill already. Charlie blasted his pistol at more walkers, as Aubrey stayed behind him, clutching his jacket, not a single kill yet. Then after a few more seconds, the group reached the R.V. They killed off the walkers in the R.V quickly, reclaiming the vehicle as their own. They slammed the door shut, locking it this time. Toni fell onto the seat at the table, panting and sweating. Aubrey ran to the small room in the back, sobbing. Layle and Charlie looked at each other, a loathing expression on their faces. 

Charlie sighed. "I got this." he began to stalk over to the room, before Toni jumped in front of him, resting her hand on his chest to stop him. "No, she's my best friend. I'LL handle this." Her eyes sharpened, showing her defiance against the tall guy. Knowing she had won this, she turned around and walked into the room, slamming the door behind her.

Charlie shook his head, glancing at Layle.

"Chicks man," he started. "Is something I won't ever understand."

Marie and Perrie rode in silence down the highway. It started to drizzle outside, the droplets drumming softly against the top of the car, creating a relaxing hum. Marie breathed steadily, trying to calm herself down. She was still worked up from the incident earlier, making it harder for her to focus on driving. Perrie hummed softly in the backseat, twisting her golden hair with her finger. She looked bored, but what was there to do? It wasn't like she could hop out of the car with Marie and play in the rain, or something. Everything was different now. 
Fun didn't seem to exist anymore.

"Pear-Bear," Marie started, glancing at the young girl a moment, before focusing again on the road. She could tell the girl was stricken with boredom.

"I spy with my little eye, something...red!" She formed a soft smile on her pale face.

Perrie grinned. "Um...your hair!"

"Nope."

"That truck outside!" 

"You got it!" Marie let out a small chuckle. "Alright, you go."

Perrie scratched her chin. "Hmmmm....I spy with my little eye, something green!"

Marie thought for a second. "The grass?"

"Darnit! You always guess it right!" Perrie laughed.

Marie grinned. "Well don't make it so easy!" 

The two laughed some more, the rain getting heavier by the moment. Soon enough, it was impossible to drive through the weather. Marie stopped the jeep, frustrated yet again. 
"Stupid weather! Damnit! We don't have time for this!"

Perrie looked down. She hated when Marie got angry. It scared her. Every time Marie got frustrated or mad, she came up with stupid plans that almost always failed. Perrie sighed sadly. "We should wait til the storm ends." Her voice squeaked, the rain pounding at the roof of the vehicle.

Marie scoffed. "I can drive in this! I'm not stupid!"

Perrie's face was formed with worry. "But you're only 14! You never learned the proper way to drive!"

Marie swung around to face her sister, defiance in her stern gaze. "I can drive fine! Dad taught me h-" She stopped, turning away from Perrie. She shook the thought away, quickly. "Point is, I'm a good driver. I can do this, Perrie, trust me."

The smaller girl rubbed her eyes.  "Fine." 
Marie nodded, knowing she won. The girl started the car again, taking off. She drove for about 10 minutes, swerving past shapes that she couldn't even make out. She assumed they were cars, considering she was on a highway.
 Then it happened. All that was heard was a loud crash, as the jeep was sent flying forward. Although she couldn't see anything, Marie slammed on the brakes, sending the car sliding into the ditch beside the highway. Everything happened so fast, there was a ringing in Marie's ears as she tried to gain focus on the reality around her. Suddenly the ringing her ears subsided into nothing. She felt something warm trickling down her face. She reached up, touching her forehead. It stung horribly, bringing her hand back down to take a look. Her fingertips were drenched in the bright red liquid, causing her to gasp.

Silence.

Marie snapped back into the world after what seemed to be decades and remembered something important. Without thinking, she spun around to face the backseat. Perrie sat there, eyes shut, nose bleeding. She appeared to be breathing, but was defiantly unconscious. "Shit." Marie muttered as she unbuckled her seatbelt as well as Perrie's, taking the small girl into her arms. She kicked open the car door, climbing into the cold rain. She shivered as the rain pounded against her body, as she carried Perrie out of the vehicle. She couldn't see a thing, except for the rain and a few shapes in the nothingness. Then out of the blue, something grabbed her from behind, pulling her away from the jeep and into the nothingness.  

Last edited by Chibi248 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:34 am; edited 5 times in total
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3 Empty Re: The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3

Post  Torchiclove Thu May 30, 2013 9:23 pm

This is yes.
More please.
Torchiclove
Torchiclove
Mod

Back to top Go down

The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3 Empty Re: The Broken Road (a Walking Dead fanfic) :3

Post  Chibi248 Thu May 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Haha, thanks :3 I absolutely LOVE the walking dead, and a friend of mine writes a fanfic about it, so I thought, why not give it a try?
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove Thu May 30, 2013 9:44 pm

I have never seen The Walking Dead.
But there was this guy who talked about it all the time at school.
It sounds very nice.
Torchiclove
Torchiclove
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Thu May 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Lol Chibi's face when I told her your reply XD
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 Thu May 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Three words: GET. ON. NETFLIX. You will LOVE it, trust me!
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove Thu May 30, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm really sure I would, but I am way too cheap to pay for a subscription the Netflix.

So yeah. Still sounds like a good show, though.
Torchiclove
Torchiclove
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 Thu May 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Lol, well if you ever get the chance to get Netflix, that needs to be the first thing you watch, my friend.

Stupid girl taken' my pillowcase that lil shit I should cut off her eyelids while she sleeps gosh
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove Fri May 31, 2013 7:13 am

My damn brother takes my Kindle when I'm asleep. Cutting off the eyelid seems like an appropriate punishment.
This is good.
Torchiclove
Torchiclove
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:35 am

New chapter; added poll :3
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Marie stifled a scream as a hand was cupped quickly over her mouth. She shook in fear as she clung to the unconscious Perrie, as if she was holding on for dear life. Terror stricken, she shook the strong arms away from her, flailing her body violently. 

"Marie! Stop it!" a shaky voice behind her hissed. 

She got loose from the strong arms and spun around quickly, eyes widening as she caught sight of the person who grabbed her. She breathed heavily, tears dripping down her dirty face. "La-Layle?!" 
She threw herself back into his arms, sobbing into his shirt. He held her, pushing her hair behind her ears comfortingly. He brought his lips close to her ear, whispering slowly.
"Marie. I'm here. We all are. Toni, Aubrey, Charlie. But you have to come with me."

Marie looked up at the tall boy, Perrie breathing softly in her arms. 
"Perrie...she's hurt...please...we..."

Layle pulled the blonde girl out of Marie's arms, cradling her like an infant. "Come now, let's go." He made his way across the street, Marie close behind. Once she got close, she saw what had hit the jeep. A large R.V was siting a couple feet from the ditch where the jeep was resting in. Toni stumbled out of the R.V, scanning around with her eyes until they fell on Marie. Her jaw dropped open as tears streamed from her leafy eyes. She cried out Marie's name and ran to her, arms outstretched. Marie ran too, pulling Toni into a hug, grabbing the back of her head to make sure she was real. The two sobbed in happiness. "I can't...I didn't..." Toni gasped, clearly shocked. 
Aubrey stepped out of the R.V, mumbling softly. "What's all the commotion? What's going o-" She stopped, taking sight of her best friend. She dashed to her, crying as well. The three hugged for a couple seconds, until realization popped into their minds as a couple of walkers advanced forward. They all pulled away, reaching for their weapons. Marie pulled out the pick-axe from earlier, swinging it violently at an upcoming walker's skull. It slipped through like butter, with a sickening crack noise. The other teens killed the other walkers their own ways, as Layle carried Perrie into the R.V. Charlie jogged over to the jeep, pulling out bags of clothing and supplies, as well as weapons and ammunition. Everyone then slipped into the R.V, Charlie speeding off down the still foggy highway. Perrie lie asleep on the bed in the back room, Aubrey tending to her wounds. Marie lay by her side on the bed, eyes heavy. Aubrey looked at Marie comfortingly. "You can sleep, ya know. We won't let anything happen to you." Marie nodded. "Thank you, Aubrey." She then rolled over, closing her eyes. She fell asleep almost immediately, although her dreams weren't pleasant. She dreamt of terrible things like death and loss of hope and humanity. She dreamt of loved ones dying and being tortured. She dreamt of giving up. Dreamt of dying her own way, and ending it. And in some way or another, everyone else dreamt the same thing. Some just chose not to let it bother them...
Some chose to keep going.
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Marie awoke the next morning to the sweet smell of maple syrup and the sound of eggs crackling on a stove. Sunlight peeking from the window danced along the wall of the small bedroom. She slowly sat up in the bed, gazing around the room, blinking the sleep from her eyes. She yawned, streching her arms, hearing a satisfying crack. She stepped off the side of the bed, pulling her big Ramones T-shirt off of her body, revealing her bright pink undergarments underneath. She glanced at the carpet, spotting a black plastic bag full of her and Perrie's clothing. She bent down to dig through the bag, pulling out some jeans and a tank top. Just as she laid the clothes on the bed to get dressed, the door to the room swung open, causing Marie to spin around in surprise. Layle stood in the doorway, his eyes wide and cheeks pink. 

"Oh...sorry." He stated awkwardly, still standing in the doorway. 

Marie's eyes narrowed as she glared at Layle. "Do you, um mind?" She tried to sound snappy and mean but her tone softened and she began to giggle. The giggles turned into crazy laughter as she stood there. Layle looked embarrassed. 
"Why are you laughing?" He chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

Marie took a breath between laughs, "Because you're so damn awkward! It's hilarious!"

Layle grinned, green eyes sparkling. "Well I came in to wake you up to eat, but you're um...awake!" 

Marie smiled sweetly, pulling the older boy into a hug. She either forgot she was in a bra and underwear, or she just didn't care, but either way, Layle seemed to not mind one bit, smirking the whole time. 

Marie sighed, fisting Layle's T-shirt. It felt soft underneath her fingers, as she breathed in his smell, his heart beating againist her face. Layle kicked the door shut behind him, wrapping his arms around her small waist. Her
chest rose softly againist his body with every breath. "I really did miss you, Layle. A lot." 
Layle shut his eyes tightly, and kissed the top of her head. Her fiery hair was silky smooth underneath his bright lips. Marie's eyes shot open, surprised at Layle's actions.

"Layle..." she started, squeezing him closer to her.

Layle pulled away slowly, taking Marie's small hands into his large one's. "You should really eat something. I don't want you getting sick..." 

Marie smirked, gazing up at him. "Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself." She poked his chest playfully, and turned back to her clothes, pulling her tank top on and squeezing into her jeans. Layle stared at her the whole time, wondering if they'd ever "be" anything. 

Marie pulled her messy hair into a braid, tying it with a band that was on her wrist. She turned back to Layle again, smiling sweetly.
"Let's eat!" 
Layle grinned as the two walked out into the main room of the large R.V. Marie noticed the door to the R.V was open, grass covering the ground outside. Charlie stood at the tiny stove, flipping eggs and pancakes. Toni and Aubrey sat at the small table, Toni scarfing food down as Aubrey ate slowly and calmly. Perrie sat at the table with them, her eyes sparkling as she caught sight of her sister. "Marie!" She grinned, running to Marie, pulling her into a tight hug. The older girl smiled, taking Perrie's face into her hands. The small girl had a band-aid on her forehead and another on her cheek. Marie began to worry.

"Are you okay, does it hu-"

"I fixed the girl up. She's a tough one." Charlie butted in, grinning. 

Marie still didn't look convinced. Perrie smiled.
"I feel great! Don't worry!" her voice, sweet and innocent. 

Charlie advanced toward Marie with a plate, speaking softly, "Last night while you slept we drove to a field. There's woods around too. It's pretty safe here, so when you're ready, I'd like you and Aubrey to come hunting with me. I want you to help me teach Aub's how to shoot." He dipped his head at Aubrey. She smiled at him nervously.

Marie nodded as Charlie handed her the plate of pancakes and eggs. She smiled, "Thanks, bro. And I'm ready when you guys are."

Toni stopped eating as Marie sat down next to her to eat. Toni glared at Marie, her eyes narrowing. "Took him a while to wake you up, huh? Usually you wake up pretty fast....I guess today was...different." She looked skeptical. Marie faced her.
"Um, what?" Marie snapped.

"Oh, nothing..." Toni mumbled, bitterly. 

Marie stood up, hands on hips. "Excuse me? I want you to tell me EXACTLY what you mean?"

Toni scoffed, slamming her hands on the table. She stood up, pushing past Marie and went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. 

Marie huffed, turning to Charlie.
"I am SOOO ready to shoot something." she grunted.

Charlie chuckled nervously. "Well, let's head out then."
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down