Frostclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Rider Discussion

+2
MewMew100
Rosethorn95
6 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dragon Rider Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Rider Discussion

Post  MewMew100 Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Sounds good. Can't wait till the forms are up so that I can make an official layout for designing my characters.
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:30 am

Sorcerers: The practitioners of the worlds other magics look down upon the ‘humble’ Sorcerers. Whereas the Shaman’s and Summoners of the world practice only one branch of magic each and becoming masters of their crafts the Sorcerer practices a variety of magic, mixing the crafts together and finding new ways in which to bend the world around them, they have even been known to dabble in the arcane, which until recently was only used by the Riders. They are also the only group of magic users to use enchanted item. The Sorcerers Guild of the city of Lado in the land of Lapon was once a school for scholars but when interest in magic rose so did the want to learn it, the Scholars began keeping records of all the magic they had seen and eventually began to practice the crafts. The Guild was renamed to suite their new direction.

Summoners up next. And two days till I get off TAFE.
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Location : Startrekking Across the Universe on the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonnaruto Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:16 pm

Today was my last day of school. Smile

I have rough ideas for my two characters:

A wimpy, yet intelligent, and always-curious Onsie Sorcerer ( or perhaps some other magician, depends). [M]
His Goal is to eventually travel to Lapon, and learn as much as he can about Magic.

&

A muscular, arrogant, and flirty elf warrior, with a bit of a superiority complex. [M]
"He wants to be the very best, that no one ever was!!"

I doubt I will make either of them riders, not sure yet.
dragonnaruto
dragonnaruto

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm gonna love making my Witch character Liddelle.

As for my Rider and dragon, I may name them Aushi and Yuke.
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Summoners: Of all of Ila’s magic users the Summoner’s are the most reclusive and feared. They use ancient spells and enchantments to walk the boundary between this reality and the ‘Other’, reaching between and pulling creatures from that world into ours to serve them. These creatures serve many different purposes. Some are simple servants who do work for the summoners around their homes while others are used as conduits from which a Summoner can express their will, wielding destruction with the artistry of a master. Summoner’s usually live alone, with only the company of their magically bound servants. Unlike Witches Familiars a Summoner’s servants can and will take the first chance they get to escape or injure their master. The Summoners also practice the building of magic constructs, using pure magic to create things that will work for the Summoner and Summoner only, as well as Golems created from mud or metal and infused with a controlled ‘Other.’
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Location : Startrekking Across the Universe on the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:04 am

Ooo lovely!! I love the whole 'summoning' concept Razz Very intriguing.
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:10 am

(Summoning is kind of 'black magic' and it can easily lead to necromancy and entraping the friendly spirits who guard Ila's wild places. Yeah I named the world Ila)

Shamans: Those who practice the shamanistic arts are wild of spirit. They often live in covens deep in the valleys, where they carve homes out of the cliff faces or under the ground. Shamans are known for rescuing trapped travellers from the dangers of the wilds, both the natural and supernatural. These people have gained their powers by connecting to the spirit world and communing with the nature spirits who wander Ila’s surface. They mark their bodies with symbols to show which spirit they serve and what powers they have. Their powers are based on the elements and are heavily influenced by the spirit they serve. For example those who worship the bird spirits will be able to whip up winds and bend it to their will and those who serve the stag will be able to rend the earth. Sometimes a Shamans allegiance will change and they will follow another spirit later in life. Very few Shamans have ever served more than two spirits or master all of the elements, though it is not unheard of.
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:16 am

Shamans. Are. Sexy.
I want one, but then again I want an elf. But of course I also want a witch..
Damn you, Rose, and your awesome RP >.<
Torchiclove
Torchiclove
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:18 am

Why thank you Tor

Next up. Shape-shifters
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:20 am

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Torchiclove
Torchiclove
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 am

SHAPE SHIFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *fangirl squee*
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 am

I wrote up their information in a different style and will probably be doing the info in this style from now on.

Now I just have to type it.
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:04 am

GH, apparently the awesome of this idea is killing Tor.

Shape-Shifters:
The children of the moons have always been a secretive people, preferring to live in family groups out in the unexplored wilds then among the human populace, though there is very little to set them apart from normal people while they were the skin of men.

As there are three moons (Fenrir, Nemean and Roc) that hang in the sky above us there are three ‘subspecies’ of shape-shifter. Though all shifters are want to change under any full moon they all have a special connection
(Dire Wolves)Fenrir’s brood, those who are swayed by the largest of Ila’s moons.
(Large cats)Nemean’s cubs, those under the middle moons
(Giant birds) Roc’s clutch, who are under the rule of the smallest moon.

Some humans fear the moon children and in some cases rightfully so. Many ‘packs’ turn bandit and attack travellers moving along forest, mountain or valley paths during the night. Robbing them of their valuables and food supplies, often leaving them badly injured on the road side. In my travels I have been lucky enough to see the softer side of at least one of the species.
A new child had been born among a small pack of Fenrir’s Brood and I watched, fascinated, as they passed the child from person to person, licking the boy’s brow and welcoming him to the world with strange growling sounds I could not comprehend. I doubt humans like myself will ever truly understand the rituals of the moon-children, but we can certainly appreciate them.

(Extra bit.

Fenrir wolves tend to top their height in animal form at 5 feet at the shoulders, though some larger ones have been seen, they are never lower then 4 feet

Nemean's cubs look a mix between a lion and leopard, their colours and patterns can vary greatly(only natural colours though). All males tend to have a ruff of fur around the head that is not quite a mane

Roc's clutch are the rarest of the moon-children. They come in the shape of mighty birds of prey with feathers ranging through gold, grey, brown and orange. They can have up to a 14 foot wingspan and are equipped with tearing beaks and bone crushing talons

See aren't I nice. I'm using feet even though that is a ridiculous way of measuring.)

Last edited by Rosethorn95 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:08 am

HHHURURURUGH MUST HAVE SHAPE SHIFTER AUGUGHGHG
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

https://frostclanlegacy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:09 am

XD Oh Rose, you're so kind to us Smile
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Torchiclove Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 am

BLUFUFUFUFU I MUST HAVE SHAPE SHIFTER NOW
Torchiclove
Torchiclove
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:13 am

Damn, my idea to kill you all with the awesomeness of the DR rp isn't working

The Faye are next.
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 am

So wait, the moon children can only shape-shift into those of their own breed?

Still loving the idea of mah own little witch!
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 am

Yeah.

Fenrir's can only become wolves
Nemean's can only become those large cats(that are simply know as Nemean lions)
and Roc's can only become birds of prey. They can have children with other shifters but the child will only take after the mother. They can also have children with humans, but it is unknown until puberty whether the children of such unions will be shifters.
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:39 am

Ah I see. Still gonna stick with the witch. Hey, what about the 'Others'? Is there gonna be a section on them? Like, can they have the ability to transform into any appearance they desire, or any important stuff like that?
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:41 am

Yep.
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:51 am

Okay cool. It'll be good to know how I can set up Kaguya's abilities and such.
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:08 am

The Faye: Trying to explain the Faye is like trying to explain the night sky, it simply isn’t done but I will do my best to convey my knowledge on these creatures.
I only know of a few of the species and I will list them here.
High Faye or Faerie: Tale, graceful, beautiful. A few words to describe them at first glance, and yes dear reader I have seen them with mine own eyes. Once you see past the beauty and the grace you will witness what makes them so other-worldly to gaze at. Wings, strong and fascinatingly lovely sprout from their backs; their feet are that of a bird, sharp taloned and scaled, smoothing upwards into their skin and a long prehensile tail can be glimpse in the moon light, though they seem to try their best to hide that last bit of anatomy. Tis been a while since the Faerie have been spotted on the mortal plane, I am one of few who can even attest to their existence and I say, steer clear gentle reader, for the Faerie are not to be approached, to enter their dancing circles is to invite madness, to eat their food is death. The worst thing you could ever do is ask for a favour from them, because they will keep closely to their promises, dangerously so. They will find a way to hurt you in the end no matter how well you bargain, for the nature of the Faerie is vicious and cruel, finding delight in your suffering.
(Extra, Faeries have been known to kidnap human children and take them back to their world to live as servants and entertainment.)

Sprite: Perhaps the most commonly seen of the Faye are the Sprites. Petite and fragile looking as they are it is not wise to anger them. They can show surprising strength when the time calls for and they are often see wearing a strange sort of Faye armour. When not travelling on business they can be seen communing with Shamans on the subject of the elements, they are the only of their kind that will talk to the mortal races willingly. Sprites are tied to certain elements; I have met two different types in my travels, a Frost Sprite with pale skin, white hair, blue eyes and the wings of a dragonfly and a Wood Sprite, wood sprites tend to be taller than other sprites, with brown skin and dark hair, they look completely at home flitting about forests on a variety of different insect wings. If I were to choose to have wings it would be the wings of a sprite, despite the fragile look about them they are far stronger then the wings of the High Faye, or so I have heard.

Wampus: The Wampus cat was at first thought to be some form of mutated shape-shifter but eventually evidence was given to prove a close relation to Faye creatures, such as the fact it is only seen on dark of the moon when the boundary between the worlds is at its weakest. Not much taller than your average sprite the Wampus cat is covered in a layer of course, often dark, fur. Their ears are set high on the head, a flat face with a wide mouth set with sharp teeth and they have a long prehensile tail and clawed hands and feet. They are said to live high in the tree tops but I have seen no proof of this, more likely they would be in hollowed out trunks. They try and stay out of human sight and will attack if approached without caution.

Last edited by Rosethorn95 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:16 am

Hmmm, seemingly close to a Harpie......(Those were once my fav mythical creature. They still are one of my favs today Razz)

Hey, is there gonna be a set limit of characters per each member? I want to know ahead of time just to start to get a good idea of how many different creatures I may have... If it comes down to it, Kaguya may not be counted as her own character, but merely as a part of Liddelle.
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:18 am

hmmm 3 characters each.

Also the faye aren't for roleplaying, at least not in the beginning.
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next