Frostclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chronicles.

+2
MewMew100
Rosethorn95
6 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chronicles. - Page 5 Empty Re: Chronicles.

Post  Rosethorn95 Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:33 am

"Oh leave the humans alone, it's not their fault that most of them have slow brains." She said, rolling her large eyes and flicking her tongue out in annoyance.

The Sorceress rolled up the sleeves of their robes and pulled their hand back Arcane energy shimmered to life in their palms, super heated by the will of those wielding it as they ready to fire at their cities number one pest.

The Seeker pulled her self to her full height -which was pretty average- and straightened her back and shoulders, giving an air of professionalism. "I am Lady Sophie-Anne, Seeker for the riders. My quest for those with the capability to bind with the eggs has led me here." She said, sounding exactly like a high class important women. Part of the reason she had been chosen as Seeker was for her acting skills. Sophie herself was a Lado native, though she'd been from the poorer part of the city and like anyone from the lower tiers she wasn't very fond of the upper class.
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Location : Startrekking Across the Universe on the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:41 am

"Oh, is that... ooooh, that smells like... ahaheh!" The creature grinned. "You know, before I leave, I think I can sneak a quick snack... WHOOPS! Second thought, I'm out of here!" She shook her head and morphed into a much smaller form, still a dragon but now the size of a dragonfly. "I'll make sure to see you around, Mrs. Dragon What's-her-face. Just next time I won't be in the middle of a city." The dragon... dragon...fly... huffed and began to fly off.
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

https://frostclanlegacy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:45 am

Eve's mother looked stunned. She quickly shook the expression off and pulled on a straight face. Eve shoved her mother out of the way, a look of pure happiness on her face. "Really?! Oh this is great! Thank you so much!" Eve's mother looked baffled. "Eve! How dare yo-"

"Yes! I can finally get out of this house!"

Instead of yelling, the mother pushed down the urge with a smile. "Well, Miss Sophie, is it? You want my daughter to go with you?" She looked skeptical.
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:50 am

The sorcerers let the energy dissipate, leaving the area and heading back to what they had been doing previously to the other interrupting them. Adamina let her head rest on the ground again and stretched out her senses to follow the chosen children as well as ease drop on her riders little act to impress.

Sophie ignored the girl for now, but sent her a little smile that said. 'You'll never have to wear a dress again.' She focused on the mother. "You are a blessed woman to be lucky enough to have a daughter capable of being a rider. She is the only one in Lado." She said. "She will make a great addition to our Order."
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Location : Startrekking Across the Universe on the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:54 am

Terrance huffed, glancing down at his work with a slight disappointed frown on his face. The carving was magnificent, a truly beautiful piece of artwork, but he wasn't happy with the way it turned out.

He never was.

Swiping the hair back from his forehead, he leaned backwards in his chair and let out a sigh.

It just isn't enough, it never is...

He shook the thoughts out of his head and stood, slipping out the door of his cellar and managing to make it out the front door and sit on the small porch without his parents noticing.
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:55 am

Eve grinned. Yes!!!

The woman smiled. "Yes, of course....Oh, how rude of me! I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Abigail Granger." She got right back onto the subject. "So, will my daughter need anything?"

(horrible WB)
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:19 am

"Any personal items she may want to take with her. Clothing will be provided for her as will an other essentials." She said. "She should grab what she wants now as I will be leaving very soon. As in I should be gone by now but I'm off schedule."
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:09 am

( Durp I don't know what to say )
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chibi248 Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Eve dashed inside, and in about 5 minutes, she was back with a small suitcase. "Let's go!"

((Again with the terrible WB Sad ))
Chibi248
Chibi248

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:33 am

"Hey, Terrance!" A little girl burst out the front door of the house and tackled the unsuspecting Terrance from behind, knocking him on his face in the dust. "Whatcha doin' out here? You gonna head back into the woods? Can I come, can I come? Pleeeeaaaaase?"

Terrance stood and dusted himself off before looking her in the eyes and shaking his head once. He didn't say anything, but the message was clear. 'The woods are no place for a little girl.'

She frowned in disappointment at first, but then grinned. "Can we play, though? Please? Pleeeeeaaa- Oof!" She was cut off by Terrance ducking and lifting her up, slinging her over his shoulder as if she was a sack of potatoes. She giggled uncontrollably as her big brother spoke.

"Yup."
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:01 am

(Um yes, Magic whirlwind whisks all the characters back onto dragon back.
I SWEAR IT WILL GET BETTER.)

Two days.
Two miserable days of trying to ignore the children she was chaperoning. Children who asked endless questions, and argued and and... just wouldn't shut up. If they weren't taking a break on the ground or sleeping then they were talking.
"Just one more stop then we can go home and dump them on the hatchery." Adamina soothed.
"Not soon enough."

The foreboding mass of dark trees that marked the transition to Shadowvale appeared on the horizon and Sophie sighed. "Let's hope there wont be many in the vale."
"Don't jinx it! Do you think I like carrying so many snotty little ones?"

The moment they entered the borders of the Shadowvale could be felt by everybody, the wind picked up and the temperature dropped, as though trying to shoo the dragon and those one her back away. An annoyed rumble could be felt through the saddle as Adamina fought against the rising wind. If you looked over the side of the struggiling dragon it would seem as though the trees were trying to reach up, high into the air and smack the intruder out of it. The wind and temperature eventually improved, the nauseating sense of discomfit fadded aswell.
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:07 am

"Whoa, Terrance! What is that?!" The little girl pointed, and Terrance spun around to look. "It's a huge bird! A really big scaly bird creature!" He placed her on the ground and gestured to the house. She was about to protest, but he glared at her until she ran back in and slammed the door shut behind her.

Terrance grabbed his axe and slung it over his shoulder and began to follow the dragon, trying to pinpoint where it would land so he could be prepared.
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:18 am

"There is never anywhere to land in Shadowvale" Adamina complained, long neck moving in a serpentine motion as she searched for a place to set down.
"There is one here though. Right?"
"Yes, I just need to land"
"Don't bother, I'll just haul them up the rope ladder."
"If you insist"

Adamina circled down as far as she could go, hovering above the dark branches of the giant Shadowvale trees. Sophie moved to the left of the saddle and untied the rope ladder. "Well here goes, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone!" She warned, then she jumped over the edge of the saddle. One hand was used to keep a hold of the ladder while the other was pointed down. Not that the children could tell but the rider was using arcane power to slow her fall until she hit the first tree. She grabbed onto one of the branches and pulled her self up, she balanced carefully then jumped to the next branch down. It was a long, slow and dangerous descent but she eventually touched ground, rope ladder still clutched in hand. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. The mist of Shadowvale swirled around her, tugging at her clothes as if it were alive.
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:22 am

Terrance ran a hand through his hair as he watched an object fall from the dragon. Great, it's that time. He grumbled to himself at the prospect of losing someone in the village. Not that his village had a high chance of anyone in it being chosen, though.

He threw his axe to the side and began to walk towards the vicinity in which the person had fallen.
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:32 am

Sophie let the rope fall and put both hands on her hips. "Well... now what."
"He's coming right for you."
"What!?"
"The chosen, is walking. Towards. You"
"Ok... you keep changing what you call them."
"I haven't decided what sounds best."

(And there you have my writing at it's laziest.)
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:35 am

Terrance brushed his hair back and walked up, peering at the newcomer with a questioning gaze, never saying a word. He cleared his throat and waved.

(bluarurugh)
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:38 am

(*lurks cuz I'm a lazy ol' coot* Razz I feel more up for Pokemanz RPing...Maybe Sebbie(Bassie XD) Ehhh..any takers?)
MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonnaruto Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Rand peered down from the back of the dragon trying to make out something-anything in the dark with mist obscuring everything. He thought he could barely make out moving shapes on the ground, but he wasn't sure.

(( Don't know much about how this whole summoning shit works, so im going to wing it cuz im too lazy to ask questions ))

It was in the upper story of one of the dark houses in Shadowvale where the magic seemed to radiate from.

In the room, where the only source of light came from the many candles scattered throughout the room, a young man sat cross-legged in front of a large grimoire open to page 394. The light of the candles reflected eerily off of his deep purple robes, his dark hands extended from the cuffs of his sleeves, his forefinger and thumb gently fingering the corner of the page. His stark white hair seemed ominous as the brightest thing about the otherwise dark young man.

The room in which he sat was large, and dominated most of the upper story of the house, it was perhaps 20 feet wide, and half again as long. There were two twin windows against one wall, and a door directly opposite the windows, in a corner of the room. The windows were closed tight and curtains covered them as if to stop peering eyes. A bed was stuck in one corner of the room, and a bookshelf sat next to it. In the opposite corner was a large cabinet, and a few feet away, a wardrobe. And in the midst of the room sat the man. The slightly anxious, and equally nervous young man.

His eyes were intent on the book as he read and reread the evocation that would allow him to summon a djinn. And not just any djinn, a level 3! In the book the young man-Dharm-possesed the known others that could be summoned were arranged in ranking of power. From 1-7. Level 1's were the weakest and those of level 7 the strongest. There were even some rare others, that were known to be so powerful they could not fit within the conscripts of Level 7, and were so only briefly mentioned in the book. The author had made it clear, no one should even think of attempting to summon those few others. It would probably lead to, well....the apocalypse.

Although Dharm knew that level 3's were only mediocre others, it would still be the strongest he had ever summoned to this day. That was why the boy had spent the last half-hour checking and rechecking the runes inside the dual pentagrams he had drawn. The pentagrams were drawn in a fine white powder made of some parts chalk mixed with things such as rosemary, thyme and even some silver. The chalky powder stood out against the darkwood of the floor. Each pentragam had two large circles. One outer circle, and an inner circle. Inside of the inner circle was a five pointed star. Each sharp point of the star touching the inner circle. And in the small distance between the inner circle and outer-circle, where the point touched the inner-circle was yet another small circle, with a radius of perhaps two inches. And in each of these circles was a large and bright ivory-colored candle. Connecting all of these small circles, in between the outer and inner circles, were meticulously drawn runes.

Dharm sat in the center of one such pentagram, the other pentagram only a few yards away, and slightly larger than the one in which he sat. Finally content with his runes, and the evocation the boy began to chant. The words he spoke were of an old tongue, ancient, and foreign to most beings who lived in the realm. Yet the young man spoke them with not a waver in his voice, and his eyes intent on the page.

Suddenly an eerie cold grasped the room, the temperature dropping fast. Frost appeared on the curtains, and the candles that covered every available surface like toadstools were suddenly snuffed out. Leaving only the candles in the pentagrams with their wick alight. But even their flames wavered and flickered as if threatening to go out. Yet still, Dharm read on. A strange humming filled the room, louder than the boys chant, and a circular black shape-like a gaping hole appeared above the large pentagram in front of Dharm. Tendrils of smoke slowly leaked out of the portal and lowered to hover above the floor. The darkened room filled with a yellow, choking cloud of brimstone, in which indistinct black shadows writhed and rolled. Still, Dharm read on. The portal suddenly snapped shut with a pop, and the humming disappeared. But a new sound rose to replace it. From far away the sounds of voices came, hundreds-no-thousands of people screaming. Still, he read on. Finally the young man snapped the book shut, the evocation finished and looked up from his book.

A dark sulfur cloud rested in the pentagram. As black as night and filled with a dark shadow. Suddenly the cloud grew, and spread outward, to take up the entire space inside of the pentagram, but it never spread farther as if solid walls surrounded it. The cloud rose upwards, like an erupting volcano, and the smoke seemed to form a column in the midst of the room. Slowly, as Dharm stared, yellow eyes appeared in the midst of the smoke, and nearly at the same time, invisible footsteps sounded from the landing outside the door, and invisible voices whispered evil-wicked things. Suddenly, pressure was applied to the door, the timber groaning inwards. Footsteps from invisible feet came pattering across the floorboards, and the whispering voices grew louder.

Dharm stared at the smoke-cloud, a bead of sweat trickling down the side of his head. He tried to maintain a face of calm, though he was somewhat scared on the inside. Had he summoned something beyond his power? Should he dismiss the Other? It was only a few words, the boy licked his lips in preparing to say the dismissal spell. He could always try again, next time. Suddenly the set of the Dharm's jaw tightened, and he glared up at the yellow eyes.

The voices, the footsteps it all abruptly stopped. Though the cold was still there, the chill from opening a gate to the world of the Others. But the djinn, was oblivious to the cold to the chill. The Other peered down at the young man, an analyzing gaze surveying him. The young man seemed barely shaken by Rogan-the djinn-'s apparations. He thought they would have scored most people of such an age. The djinn sighed, though not audibly of course. He had already checked the runes in the pentagram not s single spelling mistake there, or else the djinn would already have been halfway across the world, after leaving a dead boy in his room of course.

Although the djinn wouldn't admit, a small part of him admired the young man for even attempting to summon an Other of his power and intelligence. But a far larger part was angry at him for having the arrogance to think he could summon Rogan! "Well?" a deep voice boomed, filling the room with it's resonance. "What is it you will have of me, boy?" he growled.

Dharm cleared his throat, this was where the real challenge started. "First assume your true shape, demon." he said, trying to keep his voice calm and level. The young man's face started to clear showing evident calm and a steely look appeared in his eyes.

"True form!?" Rogan bellowed, laughing. "Foolish mortal, you should know enough of my kind to know we have no true form." he said, with a chuckle.

"Very well." Dharm said dryly. "Your favored form then." he said, with a gesture of his hand.

"Better." Rogan said, as the cloud started to shift and bubble-changing shape. Finally it settled on a form. From the waist up Rogan had the shape of a large bare-chested man. Albeit a man with dark blue skin. He had a sharp goatee of black hair, but a bald scalp, indeed, his beard and eyebrows seemed to be the only hair on the djinn. But his eyes were truly remarkable, they appeared as if filled with a glowing fire, roaring and bright, as if you were staring into a deep furnace. They were sharply contrasted, to the rippling blue muscles of the djinn. Furthermore, from the waist down the Other only was a wisp of dense white smoke.

"Now," Dharm continued, once Rogans shape had settled. "I charge you to tell me your name."

Rogan rolled his eyes, all of the new ones started off like this. All these 'I charge you's ' and even more common was the telling of his name. Though they all knew his name, they needed to, in order to summon him. "I am Rogan! I am Mahotma-al-jinni, D'floro the mighty, and the serpent of silver plumes! I was there to rebuild the walls of the ancient city-"

The djinn was cut off by a snap from Dharm. "That's enough, thank you." he said dryly, making it clear he was only thanking the djinn, for shutting up. Dharm rubbed his hands together for warmth, and his shoulders hunched slightly to preserve his body heat. "I have a task for you..." Dharm began. The next twenty minutes were spent creating the bond, and sealing the contract as some summoners called it. Rogan would have to aid Dharm in whatever was required of the djinn until such a time the young man had no farther need for him and dismissed him-and broke their bond. The boy had to use a few vises- effortless spells that caused the Other searing pain a few time to get him to agree to the contract. Finally, the boy sat back with a content sigh and prepared to allow Rogan out of the pentagram. Now the djinn could not harm him, after all-the contract had already been made.

(( I believe I win the longest roleplay post contest ))

Last edited by dragonnaruto on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
dragonnaruto
dragonnaruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:40 am

(Ya'll can go home now, DN has won the internet.
*gives milk and cookies*
I've now found the way to work summoners in my story, thank you.)

Sensing she'd need to be straight forward The Seeker cleared her throat. "It seems I've found my last rider-to-be" She said, tilting her head and studying the boy.
"Oh rider-to-be that's creative"
"Hush you."

Sophie circled Terrance before stopping and poking him in the shoulder. "Honestly I was expecting another girl, we've an influx of females this hatching." She rubbed her chin and sighed. "It seems you'll have to do."

(I'm working on a new character.)
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonnaruto Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:28 pm

(( OMNOMNOMNOM!! Yay! That means I don't have to edit my post, I was really not looking forward to editing that gargantuan piece of crap ))

Rand was on the back of a dragon.

(( Spam roleplaying. And Cool! ))
dragonnaruto
dragonnaruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Terrance raised an eyebrow, looking at the lady skeptically before shaking his head. Turning around, he dismissively raised his hand and began walking back towards his house, axe swung across his shoulder.
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosethorn95 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:49 pm

"Hey, hey! Woah slow down there kid, you can't just walk away from this." Sophie said, she had quickly walked in front of him and put her hands on his shoulders. She stepped back and crossed her arms. "I just jumped off dragon back to get down into bloody forest and I'm not leaving until I got what I came for."
Rosethorn95
Rosethorn95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MewMew100 Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Snuffing through the forest, she kept her bright eyes on the man and woman who were noisily trudging around through the trees and such, making sure to keep hidden. After all, that was her talent, being quite cunning. Liddelle wanted to keep watching, chuckling to herself at how the 'couple' were acting though they were alone. Heheh that guy is bombing if he wants to make it with that lady. She seems pretty class- Wait?! Did she just say dragon's back?! Is she a dragon rider?! Maybe she has a dragon's egg with her!! Ooo those are supposed to be a delicacy in the Other's world, right Kaguya?!

"Shut it you bloody twit! I can't think straight with all your constant mind-squealing! If only my mind had remained separate from yours. Then this would never get so confusing."

Rolling her eyes, the blonde headed girl took a crunching step forward, inching closer to the woman and the stubbornly leaving man. Hey, isn't that Terrance?

"You mean the guy who chops up those tree and leave the forest critter without a place to run, allowing you to fill up our belly? That hussy of a rider can't take away my free ride!!"

MewMew100
MewMew100
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Hornet Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:20 am

Terrance blinked, raising an eyebrow at the strange woman. He gently shrugged her hands off of his shoulders and pointed in the direction that he had been walking, as if to say 'well it's probably over there.' Then he promptly proceeded to walk past her.
Green Hornet
Green Hornet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonnaruto Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Rand peered downwards trying to see anything past the fog that seemed to hug the ground, in wavering densities. He sighed and leaned back in the saddle. He yawned, and stretched. He was getting tired, and a bit sleepy. Not everyone can sleep on dragonback. He thought with a grin, as he glanced behind him.
dragonnaruto
dragonnaruto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next